WFM Forecasting and Reporting Analyst
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for creating long/short term demand forecast models using advanced business knowledge of key contact volume drivers for both call and back office workload volumes for multiple business segments. Accurately calculates and communicates staffing requirements for multiple roles within all business segments. Maintains data integrity and configuration of all Workforce Management applications. Generates in-depth ad-hoc data analyses and scheduled reports to meet the specific needs of each business segment. Provides valuable insight into trends based on data findings and offers potential solutions to performance issues.
- Responsible for creating long/short term demand forecast models using advanced business knowledge of key contact volume drivers for both call and back office workload volumes for multiple business segments
- Construct and maintain contact center workforce capacity plans based on forecasted demand and projected staffing requirements for each role within multiple business segments
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and performance efficiency while advising multiple business segments leaders of observed trends
- Modify and update historical call/workload volume data to ensure accuracy of future forecasts
- Develop contact center key driver metrics and target processing times as throughput into the overall long-term planning model
- Conduct "what if" capacity plan scenario analyses to determine potential solutions to improve performance
- Display initiative in research beyond the specific assignment
- Lead consultations with internal departments with interpretation of results based on the models
- Produce complex analytic solutions
- Maintain accurate configuration of Workforce Management systems
- Communicate complex analysis and capacity plans to multiple business segments in order to ensure clear understanding of current performance trends
- Generate and distribute reporting of key performance indicators such as contact volume and customer handling time performance versus forecast, as well as hiring adherence and staff attrition performance
- Participate and present data during weekly meetings with the business segments leaders to discuss trends, projections, and to create a plan of action to meet contact center metrics
- Manage data flows from multiple sources, and continually audit the integrity of input data through testing and reconciliation activities
- Support Director of Workforce Management and other Workforce Management team members through data insights and identified opportunities
- Train and mentor other Workforce team members and provide peer review
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 3 years of experience in Workforce Management processes and tools (i.e. NICE/IEX, Verint) and ACD technology (i.e. Avaya).
- 3 years of experience in service center operations
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- 6+ years of experience in Workforce Management processes and tools (i.e. NICE/IEX, Verint) and ACD technology (i.e. Avaya).
- 6+ years of experience in service center operations
- Bachelor’s degree in informatics, data science, statistics or general field of study
- Advanced expertise in capacity modeling, forecasting, workforce management tools and operational planning methodologies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of call center operations and associated technologies
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment including copier, fax machine, scanner, and telephones
- Advanced PC/application proficiency
- Strong skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
Required Professional Competencies
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Accurate and efficient with very good organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize tasks simultaneously in high pressure environment
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
- Strong analytical skills and synthesize large amounts of information
- Advanced ability to provide clear and concise explanations to complex data driven issues
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
- Ability to build synergy and interdependence with a diverse team, in a changing environment
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona