Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Analyze and evaluate data on group business with the goal to maximize enrollment growth and profitability. Specialty tasks include financial reports, technical report writing, maintaining records, analyzing data and developing budget forecasts.
- Provide and analyze profitability information by sub categories
- Provide and analyze renewal rate information
- Provide and analyze bid/RFP rate information
- Provide projected premium, claim expense, operating expense and gain information
- Analyze group rating factors
- Assist group underwriters as needed
- Demonstrates ability to research, investigate, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate data
- Demonstrate independent decision making and perform essential functions with minimal supervision
- Applies knowledge of general business practices, collection procedures, and applicable computer system
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- For level II: Demonstrate mastery of requirements above. Generally, this would require at least two years at level I or equivalent experience
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5561