Treasury Operations Analyst
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Supports the BCBSAZ corporate Treasury department in all its activities related to cash management, investment management and corporates risk management. Coordinate the opening and maintenance of banking and investment accounts. Prepare Treasury department reports and reconciliations. Assist with corporate insurance renewals and applications. Ad hoc analysis related to the investment and risk management functions for BCBSAZ, its subsidiaries and joint ventures. Works closely with the Treasury Manager and Risk Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 1 year of experience with treasury management, cash and investment management, insurance or risk management
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in business, accounting, economics, or related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience with treasury management, cash and investment management, insurance or risk management.
- Project management experience a bonus
- Work towards treasury, investment or risk management related credentials
- Work towards treasury, investment or risk management related credentials a plus
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Treasury reports and reconciliations
- Assist Treasury Manager and Risk Manager with presentation preparation
- Handle correspondence with banks and asset managers, providing response/follow-up as necessary.
- Compose diverse business correspondence, memos and letters
- Ensure departmental timelines and deadlines are met
- Organize and manage files and data related to current and potential investment strategies
- Coordinate meetings with as needed
- Ad hoc analysis related to investment managers or strategies
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information
- Assist Risk Manager with designing and implementing risk data collection systems
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed
- Assist with Treasury department budget preparation
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint software
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Analytical skills in observing and documenting processes at a detailed level
- Knowledge of corporate finance, cash management, investment asset allocation and performance measurement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona