Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
Provide operational and analytical support for cash and investment management for BCBSAZ and related entities. This position reports to the Invesment Portfolio Manager in Treasury.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- College-level coursework in finance, financial analysis and investment management
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience in investment management / analysis (may be through coursework or internship)
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or progress toward designation
- Assist with daily cash management for BCBSAZ, subsidiaries and related entities
- Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly reports using spreadsheet, database, presentation, word processing, and investment / analytic tools.
- Track and where necessary, reconcile, investment performance across various portfolios/managers
- Gather and store data from various sources both internally and externally. Provide statements as needed to stakeholders including financial reporting teams and third-party consultants.
- Provide analytical support for Treasury and Investment functions; including asset allocation, strategy implementation, performance measurement, policy compliance, tax policy, and risk mitigation.
- Provide fundamental and qualitative analysis on current and potential investments in the fixed income, equity and alternative investment arenas.
- Track and pay investment expenses
- Assist in investment back office operations.
- Facilitate establishment of investment accounts and asset movements associated.
- Review and facilitate investment accounting by the companies' custodians, accounting service providers, and internal accounting staff.
- Prepare outside manager fee audits.
- Assist in RFP/vendor selection process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Required Job Skills
- Strong proficiency in spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of invement analytics / research tools Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in database, presentation, and word processing software
Required Professional Competencies
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Investment analysis skills (may be developed through experience or coursework)
- Analytical skills in observing and documenting processes at a detailed level
- Knowledge of asset allocation performance measurement, cash management, corporate finance, and portfolio and financial theory (may be developed through experience or coursework)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Expert PC proficiency
- Expert proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3103