Test Coordinator Lead - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
Purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to ensure accountability and responsibility for leading and overseeing the testing thru all phases of the SDLC as part of a collaborative project implementation team. The Test Coordinator Lead will lead quality reviews of test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with business, developers, Subject matter experts and the project management team to verify developed code and assigned work products, including but not limited to Azure DevOps Project Deliverables, to ensure compliance with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona quality control processes and system/business requirements.
Required Work Experience
- 4 years of testing experience
- 2 years of leading test coordination & testing teams thru all phases of SDLC
- 2 years experience communicating with stakeholders & project teams
- 2 years experience creating test plans, test cases, defect and reports for project teams & management
Required Education (Applies to All Levels)
- High School Diploma/GED or related field applicable to software testing
Preferred Work Experience (Applies to All Levels)
- 6 years of testing experience
- 4 years of leading test coordination & testing teams thru all phases of SDLC
- 4 years experience communicating with stakeholders & project teams
- 4 years experience creating test plans, test cases, defect and reports for project teams & management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field applicable to software testing
- ASQ Certification
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a key point of contact for all testing aspects of releases, providing testing services and coordinating test resources to the project teams.
- Coordinate test efforts for multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring proper test coverage for each one
- Collaborate with business teams to coordinate and manage execution of all phases of testing including but not limited to: SIT, E2E, UAT and Performance.
- Organize meetings and supporting training and information efforts.
- Train SMEs and other test resources on the creation, storage and execution of test cases and reporting defects.
- Communicate testing status on a regular basis and assist in escalating critical issues as discovered, triage with the Test Lead, Business and Development teams on defects found during the various phases of testing.
- Participate in requirements definition and Feature Breakdown sessions of the project engagement, to ensure full understanding of business requirements prepared by the project team.
- Participate in project meetings as needed and work with the project/delivery lead and project team to ensure project success.
- Ensure that acceptance criteria is well defined for every requirement. Ensure every acceptance criterion is testable.
- Identify critical areas of project risk, and develop strategies to reduce overall risk for the project
- Develop overall testing strategies for the project/TCoE team. Establish robust processes for documenting test scripts & executing them.
- Develop test plans, test scripts/cases, defects, and test reports on projects of varying size
- Execute the test plans and scripts. Depending on the size of the project, there may or may not be additional testing team members on the project team both internal and external.
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects through triage to resolution
- Ensure full traceability between test cases, results, and requirements
- Collaborate with developers & product owners to ensure testing results meet performance and scalability requirements
- Conduct troubleshooting, defect triage, and root cause analysis
- Analyze the impact of new solutions/enhancements and run appropriate regression and smoke testing
- Train and mentor other Test Coordinators and act as a lesion between the testing teams and the project team.
- Run/coordinate the testing activities for projects as needed.
- Create reports based on management & project team requests on test execution, defects, and other critical information.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and assist / mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business/project requirements and deadlines.
- Partner with the Governance & Standards Lead to draft or modify internal procedures; implement new procedures including workflows, manual and training.
- Communicate status of work assignments to stakeholders and management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Intermediate proficiency in corporate web-based content management tools or requirement tracking tools (For example Azure DevOps or Jira)
- Solid understanding of QA best practices to lead the project team and business through a testing cycle
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, project teams and management.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of test strategy & planning, test case development, execution and reporting.
- Tenacity to learn the functional areas of the business completely to support testing of those functions
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Excellent auditing skills with extreme attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Requires ability to apply corporate and/or contractual guidelines and standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus upon the ability to write and present audit research in the context of corporate and/or contractual guidelines.
- Ability to work closely with management, IT, and other department personnel within the Corporation, as well as vendors, and maintain effective and cooperative relationships
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and privacy requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Expert PC proficiency
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Ability to communicate in a clear and understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Ability to lead test resources thru all phases of testing and the SDLC to ensure successful project implementations.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.