Test Automation Developer I - III (Java/ Selenium)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Under limited direction, perform necessary activities to ensure all test automation development responsibilities are completed in support of divisional needs.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, configures, and maintains automated test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Tests individual frameworks, programs, automation scripts and configurations (i.e., unit level testing)
- Debugs automation frameworks/scripts and resolves technical issues
- Documents technical solutions within test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Leverages critical thinking to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions
- Modifies detailed test scripts/modules/applications/frameworks with high quality
- Programs scripts/modules/applications with a high level of confidence
- Maintains solid knowledge and develops expertise in one or more application areas with respect to automated testing tools and techniques
- Is knowledgeable and effective in following established testing practices and processes
- Coordinates test runs, prioritizing work, defines and manages defect reporting and resolution
- Aligns the appropriate automated testing solution to most effectively and efficiently evaluate the acceptance criteria
- Provides estimation on effort to create new or update existing automation tests
- Determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions
- Contribute to technical discussions and decisions
- Provide status, as requested, during regular meetings
- Develop, deliver and assist others in delivering test results reports
- Create and maintain reporting dashboards and produces appropriate management reporting
- Perform as subject matter/technical expert on test automation development
- Determines programming impact on existing systems/automation frameworks
- Programs scripts/modules/applications using a high level of technical expertise
- Provides advice on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans
- Drives creative and innovative technical concepts to mechanize workflows from ideation to operational tools, designed with the capability to be reusable, maintainable, and efficient
- Plans, coordinates and manages overall testing approach and strategy for projects and programs
- Track industry trends and developments
- Give oral presentations, organize project meetings and conduct demonstrations to various levels of users and management
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects, frameworks and design patterns
- Creates or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
- Contributes strategic vision and integrates a broad range of IT application and automation framework development ideas throughout the organization
- Is sought out as a resource for resolution of unique or complex IT automation framework and application development problems involving multiple disciplines
- Coordinate complex testing efforts spanning multiple departments
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Includes on-call rotation duties.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5436