Telecom NICE Architect - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
Purpose of the job
Drives the Telecom strategy with NICE for BCBSAZ. Direct and approve systems design, implementation and modification activities in conjunction with Telecom Team members, Network leadership, other IT technical engineers, IT leadership and Chief Telecom Architect.
Analyze design and architectural issues and adjust system design to solve problems in a dynamic environment; align business requirements with network technology alternatives and options. Provide perspective on leading industry trends and recommend new and emerging network technologies.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience supporting enterprise Telecom solutions
- NICE CXOne SME
- NICE Engage, QCI and Satmetrix admin skill set
- CCaaS UCaaS integration experience
- Avaya CMS and Contact Center Reporting
- Contact Center Dashboard creation
- Avaya Communications Manager basic admin skill set
- Avaya System Manager basic admin skill set
- Session Manager Call Flow knowledge
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience supporting enterprise networking solutions
- Basic understanding SIP - VoIP systems
- SBC Experience
- Voice via Cloud Platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- NICE inContact
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Network INFRASTRUCTURE AND ARCHITECTURE
- Manage Telecom’s NICE infrastructure and provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input into solution design, and optimization for network solutions in tandem with overall corporate infrastructure
- Oversee the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the company’s NICE infrastructure and architecture.
- Establish NICE environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secure NICE system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access in conjunction with the WFM Team and Call Center Leaders.
- Oversee the expansion of NICE and transition from a large Avaya environment.
- Stay current with UCaaS/CCaaS technologies by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report NICE operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Ensure integrity of solutions and qualified state during their lifetime; conduct product evaluations and tradeoffs.
- Work with Chief Infrastructure Architect, Information Security Services, Corporate Integrity to maintain network security
- Maintain familiarity with the administration of the company’s Telecom NICE infrastructure in relationship to overall infrastructure.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals. Ensure network service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively; identify, prioritize, and resolve issues with business areas and vendors
- Monitor quality performance, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Review relevant production and operating policies to ensure that the most efficient processes are in place and determine tactical plans to improve processes and services that can be streamlined and/or improved.
- Perform cost, risk, supportability, effectiveness, and architectural compliance analysis on network systems
- Develop and drive Telecom’s NICE technical strategy; apply and promote technology that optimizes the portfolio of corporate infrastructure technologies, tools, products, and applications in tandem with the Chief Infrastructure Architect.
- Establish and meet short- and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Work with business leaders and subject matter experts to use technology to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of network technology, and enable workforce utilization and efficiency.
- Deliver assessment services, develop business cases, design solution architecture, and recommend multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change.
- Ensure re-use of existing services, solutions and components wherever possible to minimize development or acquisition of new solutions; ensure new solutions are designed and developed in a cost-efficient manner and meet service quality.
- Partner with other engineers and technology leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, and resource sharing.
- Develop timelines, work estimates, cost projections, and manage projects to approved guidelines; review and consult on design and technical approach of projects to ensure consistency.
- Provide analytical and programming support and planning for Network projects, initiatives, and systems.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Job will require at least 1 day a month in the office.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Strong ITIL foundation
- Expert technical skills related to Telecom components
- Advanced Knowledge of Telecom hardware, software, operating systems, and applications.
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Highly skilled at designing and implementing multiple tier architecture solutions, developing high-performance and secure systems and system integration
- Work effectively with management, project managers, business analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and QA to conceive, design, and deliver successful software solutions.
- Able to operate at varying levels of abstraction including business and product strategy, design, and implementation
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
Preferred Job Skills
- Expert knowledge designing highly redundant, scalable, multi-tier Telecom systems from front end to back end.
- Expert knowledge in migration strategies from on prem to Cloud solutions.
- Expert knowledge in managing NICE infrastructure at all levels.
- Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
- Voice via Cloud Platforms
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.