Technical Training Specialist II (non-clinical systems training)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Identifies, develops, and/or maintains technical skills training, refresher training, and cross training. Plans, facilitates, and evaluates classroom training. Provides input for / creates user documentation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 2 years of experience in claims, enrollment, or customer service positions (Applies to All Levels)
- 2 years of experience in training field (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to All Levels)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 2 years of experience as a Customer Service Rep processing claims and correspondence or membership related tasks (Applies to All Levels)
- 2 years of experience in training, auditing or coaching (Applies to Level 1)
- Bachelor's Degree in education, human resource development, communications, or any related field of study (Applies to All Levels)
- Certification of Technical Training (Applies to All Levels)
Essential job functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitate entry-level training courses as assigned on topics for the following areas; claims, customer service, health services, enrollment services, and other areas. May include new-hire, refresher, or technical training, in addition to courses on required/mandated changes.
- Demonstrate understanding of content and objectives, their importance, and how they relate to each role
- Develop working relationships with subject matter experts to ensure current knowledge of systems / changes
- Maintain course files in accordance with department standards
- Use various teaching methods to accommodate different learning styles
- Conduct on-the-job training with each participant
- Conduct 100% audit of all training and production work processed in classroom
- Provide regular performance feedback to participants and management
- Make revisions to existing training materials and begin creating new training materials on required topics
- Assist in reviewing and implementing system enhancements
- Advise training staff and management of status/results of training, processing, special projects, or procedure changes
- Facilitate mid-level training courses as assigned on topics for claims, customer service, health services, membership services, new/renewal group processing, group reconciliation, enrollment correspondence, IU65/IO65 enrollment processing, or other areas. May include new-hire, refresher, or technical training, in addition to courses on required/mandated changes.
- Revise current Facilitator and Participant guides on required topics
- Use the ADDIE model to create new Facilitator and Participant guides on required topics
- Actively participate with testing and training on basic-intermediate projects and system enhancements
- Provide cross-training for Level 1 training specialists
- Facilitate advanced training courses as assigned on topics for claims, customer service, health services, provider, membership services, new/renewal group processing, group reconciliation, enrollment correspondence, IU65/IO65 enrollment processing, or other areas. May include new-hire, refresher, or technical training, in addition to courses on required/mandated changes.
- Conduct training needs analysis of BCBSAZ employees
- Recommend training needs as based on training assessments
- Participate in the planning, testing, development and training on basic-intermediate projects and system enhancements
- Coordinate OJT with Supervisor/Leads
- Provide advanced skills cross-training for other training specialists
- Provide administrative and oversight support to the department management relating to any Technical Training for new or existing employees. This will include class scheduling, system access setup and troubleshooting or other day-to-day activities as necessary.
- Conduct and participate in regular meetings with Instructors, Project Teams and Business Partners. Provide timely updates to the department management on all pertinent information.
- Lead the planning, testing, development and training on complex projects and system enhancements as requested by department management.
- Consult with all levels of management using problem solving skills to identify and promote the various training methods to meet the Business Segments needs.
- Gain a working knowledge of systems and procedures used by assigned Business Partners to support, interpret and administer training needs.
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to other Technical Training Specialists regarding assignments, including determining appropriate training methods and reviewing course content.
- Incorporate new technologies and practices through instructional design improvements, increased eLearning modules and forward-thinking facilitation techniques.
- Define, evaluate and improve the quality, quantity and timeliness of course objectives to ensure participant performance goals are clearly defined, tracked and reported.
- Develop, revise and maintain tracking tools for consistent and accurate reporting across all courses.
- Facilitate training courses for complex projects, corporate initiatives, or other classes as assigned by department management.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft programs
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing
- Strong background in facilitation or BCBSAZ systems and processes
- Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill/ability to speak professionally in a classroom setting and during meetings
- Intermediate skill/ability to use proper written communication to compose training documentation and internal correspondence
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills to achieve a quality training experience
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines to develop technical documentation
- Capable of researching and problem solving
- Ability to maintain a smooth course flow through instruction and summarizing, using the appropriate verbal and visual examples, analogies and stories to explain concepts
- Strong questioning skills to encourage classroom participation
- Ability to listen and respond to participant comments/questions while maintaining focus on course objectives
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple systems / applications
- Follow and accept instruction and direction
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate discussion at the group or individual level (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to direct and lead others (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
Preferred Job Skills
- Strong knowledge of claims and correspondence processing, customer service, medical benefits, health services or enrollment processing
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft programs and other software tools or applications
- Expert skills in BCBSAZ systems / applications
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of subjects pertaining to the organization's service and operations
- Promote a professional image through the use of advanced written and oral communication skills
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Experience in facilitating training and conducting coaching sessions
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.