Technical Analyst I-III (SQL, REST API, SOAP, Cloud)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
JOB LEVEL DEFINITIONS
- Level 1 Technical Analyst I (grade 23 - 26)
- Level 2 Technical Analyst II (grade 27 - 28)
- Level 3 Technical Analyst III (grade 29 - 30)
- Level 4 Technical Analyst Lead (grade 31 - 32)
Purpose of the job
- Develops technical documentation, designs, analyzes, tests, provides end user support and training for new applications and data structures; and provides post-implementation review for systems and reporting to support customers and management.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience with system requirements design and interpretation and/or support of production systems (Lev 1)
- 3 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Lev 2 - 4)
- 2 years of experience in data analysis, data management and integration, extracting and analysis reporting. (Lev 2-4)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
Preferred Work Experience
- 2 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Level 1 -2)
- 2 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a business / systems analyst or programmer (All Lev)
- 5 years of experience in data analysis, management, integration and reporting (Levels 3 - 4)
- 3 years of experience working in corporate enterprise-level systems as a business or systems analyst or programmer (Levels 3 - 4)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field (All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 1 - Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Track and resolve basic or routine processing problems, coordinating with all areas.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic production problems.
- Develop business objectives, processing requirements, and technical specifications.
- Analyze files and map data from one system to another.
- Responsible for production cycles, solving production incidents and notification of problems.
- Write SQL queries needed for production support.
- Develop basic test data.
- Process test files and analyze test results.
- Perform execution of test cases/scripts; document results, log defects, and regression testing of defects.
- Perform test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around.
- Monitor and track traceability of business requirements to text execution.
- Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries to test results and to create mock up data for testing and reporting.
- Learn business and systems data and process flows; and how they affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Research and analyze application procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Develop functional & technical specifications, logic flows and other documentation as applicable.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data, work flows and procedures.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested application or application change is possible within the existing system.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions with knowledge of programming languages (SQL, C# or VB.net, ETL, SOA, and OLAP).
- Participate in maintaining operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Write or modify procedures for internal use, operational procedures, and computer operations, as applicable.
- Participate on small to large scoped projects.
- Use sound project management methodology and demonstrate solid time management skills.
- Create and deliver presentations.
- Monitor and create priority list(s) that are agreed to by user management.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision
- Research, analyze, track and resolve moderately complex production problems.
- Work with IT Infrastructure team to develop and implement effective production monitoring.
- Ensure the department leverages internal tools and applications effectively.
- Build, support, and maintain moderately complex processes, programs, and data.
- Participate or lead medium to large scoped projects.
- Create moderately complex ad-hoc reports for internal usage and external usage.
- Develop project plans, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements.
- Research and become proficient in one or more applications or data marts.
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve complex production problems.
- Build, support, and maintain complex processes, programs, and data.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required.
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 - 2.
- Participate and/or lead large or complex technical projects.
- Create complex ad-hoc reports for internal usage and external usage.
- Act as a subject matter expert in two or more of areas as assigned:
- BI Production Reporting
- Application Architecture
- Application Architecture and Support
Lead - Performs job functions in a lead capacity
- Act as primary operational contact for internal and external customers when needed or in the absence of manager.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met.
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams.
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance.
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain current on new developments in technology-related industries.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones.
- Intermediate PC proficiency.
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, flow charting, and word processing software.
- Intermediate knowledge of data mapping techniques and data analysis software.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL databases.
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business intelligence documentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current on global threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with and managing third parties.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data.
- Understanding of data governance best practices and data quality improvement principles.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation. (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment. (Applies to Levels 3 - 4)
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, SQL queries, database, flow charting, and word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of data mapping techniques
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of decision support systems
- Advanced knowledge of programming, database systems, and data management.
- Advanced knowledge of decision support systems
- Advanced knowledge of Business Objects
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
- Impeccable project management skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of internal departments and operations
- Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laypersons
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Levels 3-4)
- Ability to provide mentoring and peer review to junior team members
- Ability to build lesson plans and deliver lessons to junior team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona