Supervisor, Workforce Development
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Oversee performance of new hire class participants through managing, coaching and developing knowledge and skills. Thorough and timely tracking and monitoring of audit results. Identifying performance issues, determining appropriate action and coaching for improvements. Provide timely and accurate reporting on performance results, attendance and observations of each participant. Work closely with department management, technical trainers and HR regarding performance, personnel concerns and to manage performance issues. Assist in the hiring process and class scheduling. Promote and maintain a collaborative, engaged and positive team environment that inspires participants to exceed training expectations and provide outstanding service and meaningful experiences for our customers.
1. Required Work Experience
· 2 years of experience in a supervisor/management role
· 2 years of experience in a customer service/call center and/or training environment
· 1 year of experience in auditing, tracking and monitoring performance of customer service and processing work
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 4 years of experience supervising in a service/call center, production and/or training unit
· 3 years of technical training design, delivery and classroom management
· 2 years of experience overseeing/analyzing performance, inventories and tracking results
· 2 years of experience establishing goals, creating performance plans, coaching and developing others
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in training and development, education, human resources or general field of
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
· Certifications in Technical Training, Master Trainer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Partner with key stakeholders to ensure operational new hire training needs are met through frequent communication, appropriate feedback loops, planning and ongoing support
· Coordinate Customer Service refresher classes with business areas
· Provide motivation and direction to inspire class participants to meet or exceed learning goals
· Track and measure individual and class productivity and quality results. Conduct one-on-one support, mentoring and side-by-side coaching sessions. Provide effective feedback on performance and clear expectations.
· Motivate and coach individuals to reach optimal performance and drive a positive learning experience. This includes utilizing reporting tools to identify development opportunities and to develop coaching plans to drive individual performance.
· Measure adherence of attendance, class objectives, productivity and accuracy goals
· Review, track and monitor audit results and inform management of trends or concerns
· Determine and implement coaching plans or disciplinary action as appropriate
· Create training memos, interim evaluations and administer corrective action appropriately and timely
· Perform activities related to interviewing, hiring, equipment distribution, and tracking of multiple new hire classes and learning tracks
· Perform, evaluate, and assist in defining and improving the quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department and organization guidelines
· Administer, interpret, and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms, and manuals
· Ability to think outside of the box and objectively and professionally challenge the status quo that engages others in constructive dialogue to achieve results
. Build and foster good working relationships with internal customers and peers
· Responsible for participation in various projects and cost reduction initiatives supporting individual, team, department and organization goals.
Committed to data-driven performance analysis and utilizing an analytical approach to managing metric performance.
· Ability to design and deliver effective classroom instruction, and/or conduct one-on-one training as appropriate
· Monitor and investigate computer and system issues or access related concerns and escalate as necessary
· Travel may be required to regional offices
· The position requires a full-time work schedule
. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
· Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills
· Advanced techniques in providing exceptional customer service and promoting a positive customer experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to craft professional, clear, written communications.
· Superior coaching and mentoring skills
· Experience in identifying, establishing, documenting and implementing performance management
· Intermediate PC proficiency in BCBSAZ systems, MS Office products and virtual meeting software
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Maintain a high standard of professionalism and conduct
· Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on results
· Strong ability to conduct research and problem solve
· Strong knowledge of Company personnel policies and procedures required to supervise staff
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to ensure open, proactive departmental/team communication
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
· Effectively demonstrate time management of scheduled/unscheduled paid time off usage
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Identify and promote the use of employees' skills and abilities to meet class objectives and deliver business results
· Maintain effective utilization, performance and development of personnel
· Demonstrate competent candidate interviewing and selection abilities
· Work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, department management and internal customers
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Working knowledge of BCBSAZ systems and applications
· Strong knowledge of claims, correspondence and application processing for multiple lines of business
· Demonstrated ability to use technology to track and analyze data to streamline and drive process improvements
· Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel are critical to ensure accurate tracking and documenting, professional formatting, importing and exporting data, using pivot tables and creating charts and graphs when necessary.
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
· Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships within the department and organization
· Knowledge of a wide range of subjects pertaining to the organization’s service, operations and goals
· Promote a professional image through the use of advanced written and oral communication skills
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Thorough ability to identify performance issues, document results and implement a plan of action for improvement
· Proven ability to build and maintain effective teams
· Strong ability to collaborate effectively with peers and management
· Proven track record of leading service teams and achieving service objectives
Comply with BCBSAZ corporate and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Code Blue, Compliance, HIPAA, Computer Responsibility, Accreditation Standards, Attendance, Staff Qualifications, and Quality Management Accountabilities.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.