Supervisor Financial Systems Support
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for supervising team of business analysts, technical analysts and/or product owners responsible for implementation, maintenance and upgrades of finance computer applications and processes.
Implement, collaborate, and provide detailed business requirements for finance processes impacted by new core systems (billing and claims)
Ensure assigned staff is meeting service levels, achieving goals, and attaining project deadlines. Training, evaluating and mentoring staff.
Assign work to team, identify opportunities for improvements and automation.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in accounting, information technology or related field
- 1 year of experience in supervisory or project management role
- 1 year of experience independently researching technical issues to resolution
- High School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in accounting, information technology or related field with emphasis on business analysis and computer applications
- 2 years of experience in supervisory or project management role
- 1 year of experience in healthcare or insurance field with an understanding of premium payment and claims processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, information technology, computer science, business, or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts to utilize technology to develop and/or redesign processes, procedures and systems. Identify improvement opportunities and generate business requirements.
- Collaborate with other Finance teams to implement new and improved processes and reporting.
- Work closely with IT, Enrollment/Billing and Claims teams to achieve corporate initiatives and mandates. Maintain and build effective relationships with vendors to ensure success.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of direct reports. Assign and manage workloads to meet department goals and project deadlines.
- Administer, interpret and maintain working knowledge of required BCBSAZ management procedures and processes.
- Ensure service standards are met by communicating with direct reports any changes to systems, procedures or processes through staff meetings and verbal or written communications.
- Evaluate and assist in opportunities for process improvements to achieve individual and department performance goals.
- Interview, assess and make employment decisions with support of Manager.
- Provide training, motivation and encouragement to subordinates, conduct performance evaluations and make determinations regarding disciplinary actions.
- Identify, monitor and evaluate system issues and communicate with appropriate areas regarding status and resolution.
- Provide internal and external auditors with data and documentation. Assist management in responding to audit findings.
- Perform activities of direct reports in their absence as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Required Job Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills working with teams to foster a collaborative, winning environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group
Required Professional Competencies
- Prioritize, organize and manage to meet deadlines in a high volume environment
- Ability to create business requirements, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
- Communicate professionally with diplomacy and sensitivity to both internal and external customers
- Perform activities carefully with a detail-orientation to avoid making errors and to recognize errors made by others
- Perform investigative and analytical research to resolve issues
- Use analytical knowledge to identify issues and make decisions based on reported data
- Solve difficult problems using rigorous logic and methods
- Adapt easily to changes in processes or priorities
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Establish and maintain working relationships throughout the organization
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership, ensuring team engagement.
- Use available information to monitor and focus the team's activities and identify priorities
- Foster and maintain a positive, productive and collaborative work environment
- Maintain strong morale by encouraging open dialogue, providing feedback and holding direct reports accountable
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations
- Advanced project management skills
- Cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Develop an enthusiastic, engaged and positive work environment. Empower team and encourage innovation.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona