Summer 2023 - IT Site Reliability Engineer Intern - AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
- This is an internship position typically held by an active college student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a computer technology or related field of study. The incumbent will assist with technical support, resolution and analysis of information technology functions.
- With guidance and mentorship, the intern will learn the concepts of IT Operations monitoring and Balance and Control. This role applies basic engineering and reverse engineering concepts to ensure the stability and integrity of BCBSAZ’s core applications.
Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to computer technology or other related technical field.
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
- Two years attendance at an accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology or related technical field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to commute should they need to come in the office
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Intern - Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the IT SRE team
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic information technology problems
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions
- Learn area’s direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas
- Participate in small projects
- Assist in maintaining records and process documentation
- Provide information to customers, management and co-team members by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Basic skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC and Printer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and strength / mobility necessary to setup and arrange computer equipment
- Competent with SQL, PowerShell, SPL or similar query language
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve others code issues
- Ability to work well with date driven goals
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.