Summer 2023 - IT Quality Assurance Intern - AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
This is an internship position typically held by an active college student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a computer technology or related field of study. The incumbent will learn the concept of Quality Assurance (QA) and apply these skills to complete a set of test cases, executed, documented, and finalized.
Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to computer technology or other related technical field.
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
- Two years attendance at an accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology or related technical field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Driver license with acceptable driving record
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal Quality Assurance Intern will learn more about the BCBS AZ culture, its core business values and impact on the community. In this role you will become proficient in completing sets of test cases.
Intern - Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the QA team
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic information technology problems
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions
- Learn area’s direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas
- Participate in small projects
- Ability to ask probing questions to understand functionality of the system and ability to apply that clarity to identify defects
- Understanding of basic data query practices
- Self-motivated individual that takes initiative
- Provide information to customers, management, and co-team members by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Basic skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC and Printer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.