Strategic Relationship Executive (SRE), Large Group
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Focused on revenue growth through the sale and retention of products to existing key accounts. Provides strategic management, development, and coordination of service in assigned market to retain business, improve customer satisfaction, and increase new and and renewal sales .
Required Work Experience
Level 2-Lrg Group
- 6 years Experience in account management or sales, with a specific focus on strategic relationships
- 4 years Working in health insurance or similar field
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
- Within 30 days of hire, must have an active, current, and unrestricted AZ Department of Insurance Life and Health Insurance License (All Levels)
- Valid Arizona driver license with acceptable driving record (All Levels)
Preferred Work Experience
10 years Experience in account management or sales, with a specific focus on strategic relationships
8 years Working in health insurance or similar field
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study (All Levels)
- Active, current, and unrestricted AZ Department of Insurance Property and Casualty License (All Levels)
- Industry Professional Designations (All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned book of business with emphasis on strategic account relationships, retention, and effective sales of new / ancillary products.
- Develop a compelling and mutually beneficial strategy to ensure customers are on most appropriate platform and yield the highest possible gain.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with strategic accounts to ensure a high level of satisfaction for BCBSAZ’s group products and processes.
- Create and maintain consistent client interaction with CHS customers to develop strategic relationships.
- Partner with business development executives, client implementation managers, and client service managers to ensure flawless implementation and ongoing service to customers.
- Create a bond with clients at multiple organizational levels to foster a strong sense of service to their account.
- Develop strategy and tactics for account renewal. Present and negotiate renewal.
- Ensure benchmark data and other presentation materials are completed and aligned with strategic needs of account
- Successfully coordinate, communicate and resolve customer and broker complaints and grievances.
- Work with client service managers to coordinate enrollment meetings for strategic group accounts.
- Educate customers on administration and plan changes.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal operations.
- Develop full-year account business plan for each key account
Level 1 - Mid-Market SRE
- Proactively visit group customers to increase customer service and local presence
- Focus on providing standardized and streamlined administrative solutions
Level 2 - Large Group SRE
- Proactively engage group customers at the c-suite level to create high-level strategic partnerships
- Understand the client’s desired outcomes and how to best achieve these results in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, using standardized administrative solutions whenever possible
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanners and telephones
- Intermediate skill in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and sales automation software
- Strong knowledge of group products, including ancillary lines of coverage and funding arrangements
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, products, and guidelines necessary to translate and communicate to customers
Required Professional Competencies
- Customer service skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success based on planned objectives
- Ability to represent and display professional style, pride, and adhere to dress code and departmental standards
- Interpersonal and active listening skills necessary to achieve customer service satisfaction and departmental standards with brokers, customers, members, and coworkers
- Identify customer needs and issues, and provide feedback to improve client service processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in a 1-1 or group setting
- Ability to deal with the unpredictability of the insurance business and minimize the variance between predicted and actual outcomes
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
- Ability to identify and communicate reasons behind renewal rate actions
- Ability and to assimilate new functions, services, and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
- Principled approach to business and sound business ethics
Preferred Job Skills
- Knowledge of BCBSAZ plans, products, funding arrangements
- Intermediate skill with BCBSAZ internal sales systems and software
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.