Stars Business Analyst
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) is now hiring a full-time Stars Business Analyst to develop and execute strategies, projects, and programs that optimize performance across our provider network and membership.
In this remote role, you will collaborate with the Stars Program team to support the organizational goal of 4-Star Medicare Advantage plans, including vendor management, program development, program launch, and process improvement activities.
What to Expect
As you work to help us improve the quality of life for Arizonans, expect to thrive in an energetic, diverse environment, championed by an organization consistently named a Best Places to Work and Most Admired Company in Arizona.
Inspiring Health in Arizona Starts with You
Our benefits support work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best.
- Remote, in-office, and hybrid work options within the state of Arizona
- Eleven (11) paid holidays, including a floating holiday you can use any time you wish
- Accrued paid time off (up to 16 days per calendar year)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) up to 5% dollar-per-dollar match, 2% non-elective employer contribution
- Up to 12% annual bonus based on corporate goals and individual performance
- Eight (8) paid volunteer hours to support our mission of inspiring health
- Tuition reimbursement for you; scholarship opportunities for your children
- Employee discounts, gym reimbursement, and wellness programs
- Treadmill desks, full-service fitness center, onsite cafeterias
- Ongoing training for employees who wish to grow in their careers, acquire skills, and become managers
To thrive in this job, you must be able to:
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on Stars performance improvement, including member and provider engagement.
- Partner with Stars leadership to utilize performance analysis methods to identify and recommend opportunities for improvement across Stars program measures.
- Monitor and evaluate progress against timelines, project milestones, and key deliverables for HEDIS, Pharmacy, Operations, CAHPS, HOS, and improvement measures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of work plans for Stars rating improvement as well as project-specific reporting for status updates.
- Collect and analyze data to implement and monitor quality improvement initiatives that will achieve Star Program outcomes. This includes activities related to HEDIS, Pharmacy, Operations, CAHPS, HOS and Improvement.
- Develop and support the implementation of member outreach activities to improve performance and member outcomes.
- Support vendor oversight activities and participate in vendor RFP processes and implementations.
- Manage and maintain Stars training materials.
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of HEDIS and Stars programs
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft office suite applications
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including budgeting
- Ability to promote new ideas by seeing beyond the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree in a general field of study
- Two (2) years of Medicare experience
- Two (2) years of health plan member services, provider services, quality programs or provider quality experience
- Two (2) years of HEDIS or Stars experience (preferred)
Why Join Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona?
At BCBSAZ, your pursuit of balance, happiness, and fulfillment is supported through our Workability model. Workability is our future hybrid workforce strategy and defines where and how we do our jobs: 100% remote, 100% in the office or somewhere in-between.
No matter where you choose to work, we want you to be well. Our award-winning healthy campus in Phoenix is always available to you. Access telehealth services at our BlueCare Anywhere kiosk, fuel up with healthy meals and snacks at our cafeterias and Work Perks Café, and make the most of our onsite fitness center by taking advantage of personal trainers, a nutritionist, Health Support programs, and daily group fitness classes, including spin, yoga, and Zumba.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.