Staff VP, National Accounts
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Develop and execute growth strategies for Commercial National Accounts to help Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona expand membership and market share both within Arizona and Nationally. Evaluate and successfully lead growth opportunities relating to prospecting, value prop development, discount data submissions, partnerships with other Blues and consulting houses, pricing, and emerging market trends (Second Blue Bid, etc.). Establish foundational capabilities, services, products, and processes which support accelerated, profitable growth in the National Account Space.
1. Required Work Experience
· 7 years of experience in group insurance sales, account management, or administration management field.
2. Required Education
· BA or BS degree in business administration, marketing, management or related field.
3. Required Licenses
· Active, current, and unrestricted AZ Department of Insurance Life & Health Insurance License.
· Valid Arizona Driver License with acceptable driving record.
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 10+ years of experience in group insurance sales, account management, or administration management field.
· 7+ years of knowledge in Blue Card Administration, BCBS Association Regulations, TPA Administration,
National Account Administration or Local Blue Administration.
2. Preferred Education
· Masters or advanced degree in business administration, marketing, management or related field.
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications · N/A
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and lead sales and retention related growth strategies to expedite growth in the National Account space (Groups with over 2,500 eligible and more than 5% of their employees residing out of state).
- Broaden and expand relationships with national consultants, third-party administrators, and national employer prospects.
- Engage in strategic relationships with sister Blue plans to drive mutual growth (i.e., reciprocal pricing, securing existing carve out business, etc.).
- Partner with internal business partners to define value proposition and deliver required capabilities, services and products to win in the national account space and expand our national presence.
- Partner with Consortium and vendor partners/innovators to improve our national accounts position including but not limited to market value prop, discount data submission optimization, member experience, etc.
- Develop and execute strategy to optimize BlueCard Host performance.
- Evaluate and partner with product, marketing, and information technology to define and implement next generation products, services and partnerships to grow in the national account space.
- Monitor competitive environment and proactively define tactics that will enable BCBS of Arizona to expand competitive position.
- Partner with internal areas including but not limited to Transformation Office, Chief Service Officer, Marketing/Digital, Chief Performance Office, etc. to help shape BCBS of Arizona’s future state provider, member, broker, and employer group strategies and deliver on growth commitments.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Strong written and verbal communications.
· Intermediate PC proficiency.
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones.
· Intermediate skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
· Intermediate skill using departmental BCBSAZ and BCBSA software.
2. Required Professional Competencies · Management skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success based on planned objectives. · Demonstrated ability to drive pipeline management focus in a sales and service organization. · Strong customer service skills. · Ability to facilitate and build productive working relationships with other blue plans · Expert knowledge of various funding options · Strong competitor knowledge · Strong, current knowledge of employer buying trends · Knowledge of and compliance with BCBSA IPP rules and regulations. · Interpersonal skills that allow for harmonious relationships with providers, members, and coworkers. · Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions. · Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities. · Ability and experience to assimilate multiple new functions, services, projects, and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs.
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
· Principled leadership and sound business ethics
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.