Sr. Supplier Contracting Specialist-7 yrs procurement exper
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote/hybrid within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
- This position’s primary responsibility is maintain, administer and execute third party supplier contracts. This includes facilitating the negotiation and execution of contracts, , ensuring compliance with vendor onboarding requirements when required, and administering the contract management system.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in procurement, contracting, or related field (Level 1)
- 7 years of experience in procurement, contracting, or related field (Level 2)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 4 years of experience in procurement, contracting, or related field (Level 1)
- 8 years of experience in procurement, contracting, or related field (Level 2)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Business Administration or related field of study
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Triage all supplier contracts that come from BCBSAZ personnel and suppliers.
- Facilitate the execution of contracts, including negotiating pricing, terms and conditions if necessary.
- Administration of the contract management system
- Provide guidance on contractual matters and company policy administration
- Coordinate with Legal to resolve problems associated with contract ambiguities and edited provisions
- Creation of engagements within the contract management system.
- Send agreements for execution using DocuSign.
- Examine contractual agreements for completeness
- Additional duties as assigned
- Contract execution and negotiations for large, complex engagements
- Ability to bring process improvement and innovation to the contracting process
Required Job Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to analyze and critical thinking
- Time management
- Ability to interpret and author contractual terms and conditions
Required Professional Competencies
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage in a high volume environment
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our internal departments and our suppliers
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures programs and guidelines to customers
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Establish, contribute and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Having working knowledge of industry related contracting regaulatory requirements.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R2922