Sr Software Engineer
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Name of Employer: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Location: 8220 N. 23rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Days / Hours: Mon - Fri / 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summary of Duties: Assist with the rollout of technical and business configuration aspects in Health Choice Medicaid's QNXTtm Healthcare Payer software system. Design and develop software applications that facilitate the efficient delivery of managed care services for our Blue Cross Blue Shield Arizona (BCBSAZ) members and network of care. Work with teams of other software engineers, contractors, and business analyst staff while serving as a resource and source matter expert to other software engineering staff and teams. Design and develop software solutions consistent with HIPAA compliant access control standards, industry standards, and state and federal requirements. Analyze, design, develop, and deploy software solutions that address the needs of Health Choice stakeholders, providers, state agencies and other trading partners. Provide technical documentation of software applications and/or data exchange including user documentation, as required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related field of study and 10 years of progressive, post-bachelor’s experience in any software development in the Healthcare industry or related occupation.
Applicants must have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Provider data, member data (demographics/enrollments/coverage codes), Claim payment elements and principles (Coinsurance, Premiums, Deductibles, Copays, Benefit Coverage, Coordination of Benefits; Physical Health, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and other provisioned services including Dental, Lab, Transportation, and related);
- QNXT modules, including Claims, Members/Enrollments, Providers/Contracts, and Payment Manager;
- HIPAA transactions such as ANSI X.12 EDI 270/271, 276/277, 278-13/278-11, 834, 835, and 837s;
- AutoQ Framework and developing custom AutoQ solutions;
- Developing pre and post add-ins for various QNXT/QConnect processes;
- Biztalk Configuration (Trading Partner setup, send ports, receive locations/ports), especially as it relates to the QNXT qConnect processing of inbound/outbound HIPAA transactions including 834, 835, and 837s; and
- Support creating and integrating QNXT Custom and/or AutoQ solutions utilizing Visual Studio (C#/.NET, .NET Framework, TFS/GIT, SSIS/SSRS) and SQL, including complex queries and creating/updating tables, functions, and stored procedures.
* This position allows for remote work while residing within Arizona and reports to the company’s office in Phoenix, AZ *
If interested please apply online at: https://jobs.azblue.com/ (R3499)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.