Sr. Product UX-UI Designer-prior UXUI experience required
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Responsible for driving all aspects of design and styling for mobile and web: visual, user experience, product and interaction. The UX/UI Designer works directly with internal BCBSAZ stakeholders, product owners, development teams and external service providers to facilitate excellence in design and user experience. The UX/UI Designer conducts user-centered design research and usability testing and has the ability to create sketches and conceptual wireframes to implementing rich user interfaces. This role will create features from concept to design completion and then see them through the development process including reviewing and modifying styling code (e.g. CSS). As a developer, this role is responsible for performing development and validation functions in all lower, non-prod, dev and test environments. This includes accessing code management repositories as required to manage UX/UI code.
Required Work Experience
- 2 years of UX/UI experience for advertising, design, marketing and online advertising/design (Level 1)
- 5 years of experience in advertising, design, marketing and online advertising/design (Level 2
- Bachelor's Degree in UX/UI, Art, Design, Marketing, or related field of study (All levels)
Preferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in advertising, design, marketing and online advertising/design (All levels)
- 3 years of agency experience (All levels)
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field of study (Applies to All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 1 - Performs job functions under general supervision or peer review
- Understand customer needs and key business drivers and design solutions that effectively address both.
- Help define project requirements and develop user-centered design best practices to build best-in-class products and user experiences.
- Design and create mockups, wireframes, site maps and interactive prototypes when appropriate, to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Participate in research and design sessions with customers, internal users, and key stakeholders.
- Consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Design user interfaces for desktop, web and mobile applications.
- Help establish and enforce UI and UX design standards by supporting and updating a living pattern library and design system for use by developers.
- Advise and assist developers in implementing design changes or fixing UI or UX issues, and fix any oversights or unforeseen issues (and ensure implementation meets the specifications and best practices).
- Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Participate in the agile process.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision and peer review (in addition to level 1 activities)
- Guides and directs Level 1 UX/UI Designers in execution of their work
- Manage support team from agencies, freelancers and temp support to complete digital projects
- Presentation skills and ability to present design concepts to stakeholders
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
REQUIRED COMPETENCIESRequired Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills; Advanced Excel skills
- Expertise in Design and UX applications (including In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Flash, Dream Weaver, Sketch, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of digital design techniques and tools, including typography, layouts, and responsive design
- Knowledge of web and mobile usability best practices
- Experience in incorporating UX in the AGILE methodology
- Knowledge of branding and branding principles
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills; ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in project management software
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- The ability to communicate at all levels; the role will be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent websites and mobile applications. Recognize key site and industry trends that influence digital (online and mobile) experience.
- Use analytics, research, and usability testing to improve user experience and support business goals.
- Analyze seemingly disparate and unconnected information and translate it into customer experiences and business requirements. Proficiency in business process design and bridging design to technology solutions.
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints. Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Exceptional visual, verbal and presentation skills
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill in design and UX software
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona