Sr Mgr- Finance Support, ERP, EPM, HCM & Integration (Remote AZ)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Location: Phoenix, AZ (The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.)
Purpose of the job
- Manage long-term implementations and integrations between systems, vendor applications, and financial institutions.
- Implement and Support solutions for finance and human resources processes.
- Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can solve them
- Completing highly technical, detailed business requirements for new systems or change requests
- Building cost-effective solutions of varying complexity by collaborating with business and technical associates
- Oversee production support for finance processes and applications, working with business and technical teams.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 3 years of experience implementing or supporting finance or human resource systems.
- 2 years of experience in supervisory role
- H.S Diploma or GED
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 6 years of experience in healthcare claim industry with a strong understanding of payment and claims processing as well as the related system integrations
- 3 years experience with payment channels (i.e., card payments, ACH) and managing the payment file integrations between applications, vendors, and financial institutions .
- 6 years of experience in managing and developing effective technical support areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business Administration or Information Systems field of study
- Oracle Implementation Professional Certifications, Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL Service Management Framework, Accounting certifications (CPA, CIA, CFA, etc)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts to utilize technology to develop and/or redesign processes, procedures and systems. Identify improvement opportunities and generate business requirements.
- Responsible for user acceptance testing for changes managed within assigned area
- Perform systems analysis to build new application processes or install and implement software purchased from vendors
- Define and implement quality assurance procedures for all assigned activities. Implement quality assurance measures to check adherence to assure continuity, including across lines-of-business when appropriate
- Establish and meet short and long term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning
- Develop and monitor budgets related to system projects and improvements, as well as the overall budget for the department.
- Develop staff, establishing performance goals, regular follow up with staff and year-end performance evaluations
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Assure service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively particularly with external vendors.
- Assure the proper incident, change and release management protocols are followed to maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption to the organization and the external customers
- Provide recommendations in the development and design of new system logic to support legislative activity, customer requests, finance policy changes, corporate system changes, etc.
- Oversee the development of business requirements to support system and/or process change
- Coordinate the identification, prioritization and resolution of issues with the various business areas and vendors. Implement action plans to resolve any issues preventing the area from meeting goals.
- Manage responses to audit requests
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Lead efforts to reduce manual effort with automation and autonomous processes using integration or RPA tools.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions based on customer input and research
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
- Basic skills with query tools
- Strong understanding of file handling and data translation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group
- Experience supporting or implementing finance or human resources solutions.
Required Professional Competencies
- Must have a technical and project management background and finance understanding to achieve desired results. in addition to strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and foster vendor relationships.
- Work with all levels of management and functional areas in BCBSAZ and understand the potential implications of system changes to those areas
- Customer service skills to deal with sensitive and difficult customer situations
- Basic understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Strong decision analytical skills
- Working knowledge of human resource management, enterprise resource and planning systems.
- Ability to create business requirements, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Capable of investigative and analytical research to resolve and report issues
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment.
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments and levels of administration
- Strong organizational and management skills
Preferred Job Skills
- Managing remote staff
- Implementation or Support of Oracle ERP on Cloud
- Implementation or Support of Oracle EPM on Cloud
- Implementation or Support of OneCloud Integration Chains
- Implementation or Support of Workday on Coud
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Collaboration and Sharing tools (MS Teams, Sharepoint, Office 365, Power Apps)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs and effectively communicates in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy
- Advanced planning and decision analysis skills
- Cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations Creativity and problem solving skills
- Develop methods and processes to disseminate complex information
- Plan and manage business strategy effectively and thoroughly
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information
- Foundational understanding of some accounting practice (GAAP, SAP, SOX, IFRS, etc)
- Advanced project management skills
- Understanding of processes and controls in service and support management functions like change management and incident management.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Experience using Agile methods to organize and manage team’s backlog and work
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.