Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Create content and communication campaigns to be used to educate and promote the company’s products and services to brokers, providers, employers and members.
- Perform Specialist responsibilities if/as needed
- Participate in cross company meetings involving senior leadership under supervision of Sr. Manager
- Strive to improve the customer experience by offering new ideas to improve communication channels, tools and features
- Work within email marketing software to ensure segmentation is appropriate
- Develop segmentation strategies for campaigns with supervision from senior manager
- Draft supporting talking points and background information per campaign for CSRs and other client-facing employees
- Oversee the content strategy for the member portal in partnership with the customer experience team
- Generate ideas and provide direction for content within the Cross Channel meetings
- Perform Level 1 responsibilities
- Participate in and support the crisis communication response team
- Develop materials for member and provider on-boarding kits
- Develop trade meeting presentations for Sales leadership
- Work with Health Services leadership team to develop and implement communication strategies to improve HEDIS and CHAP scores
- Develop segmentation strategies for campaigns will moderate supervision from senior manager
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of strategies (e.g., persona development, segmentation strategies, channel marketing, etc.).
- Manage the communications for the Provider Termination Response Team
- Develop employer specific campaigns
- Work independently with clients to set topical framework aligned with their needs and Marketing’s content strategies
- Develop and launch strategic communication campaigns to meet goals and objectives
- Track results of campaigns and modify as needed to achieve desired results
- Develop and implement communication strategies to support new business and client implementation
- Review competitors’ product/service positioning and messaging to assist in differentiating BCBSAZ
- Work a full-time schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Able to work some nights and weekends as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements