Sr Manager - Strategic Intelligence
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Manager leads research projects in support of Executive Management, Corporate Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Business Segments, Actuarial Services and others as requested. Provides research, insight and expertise on market conditions and competitive landscape. Brings information synthesized from multiple primary and secondary sources into the business decision making processes and integrates strategic market insights and recommendations into BCBSAZ products, services and strategic plans.
1. Required Work Experience
* 5 years experience in primary and secondary market research and data analysis
2. Required Education
* Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, or related research field
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
2. Preferred Education
* Master’s degree in business, economics, statistics, or related research field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collect, analyze, create and disseminate information about the competitive environment and relevant business issues
* Lead meetings, discussions, workgroups and initiatives related to Strategic Intelligence
* Locate and mine external data sources to gather competitive insights, develop resources and tool to support business initiatives
* Complete and disseminate market share reporting and market share estimates on behalf of the organization
* Transform complex data into intelligence through synthesis and analysis to provide executive decision support
* Lead data-driven, fact-based decision making within and across business areas
* Define cross-functional expectations, and provide concise, actionable, timely deliverables
* Interpret requests for information and provide actionable, well-written reports
* Create and maintain strategic landscape documents to support business needs
* Develop and maintain desk level procedures and an information resource library
* Manage supplier, consultant and subscription relationships
* Provide insights and recommendations to drive strategies
* Lead situation assessments that inform the business planning process
* Coach and mentor staff as needed
* Define research and intelligence objectives, including identification of appropriate research methodologies and communication plans.
* Provide vendor and budget management, including data insights and recommendations
* Ensure all research initiatives are tied to business strategies and deliver insights that drive strategic decision making
* Lead large research projects with minimal oversite
* Conduct budget management functions for the Chief Strategy Office cost centers
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy that ensures error-free work.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and sustain relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to grasp complex issues and translate them into easily understood concepts.
* Data-driven approach to work and ability to measure using different tools and metrics.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple simultaneous projects under strict timelines and within ambiguous, undefined, sometimes confidential circumstances.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
2. Required Professional Competencies
* Robust experience and understanding of business and corporate strategy.
* Persuasive communicator who demonstrates the ability to be successful in a collaborative, matrixed environment.
* Superior project management skills and organizational ability.
* Strong interpersonal skills to manage multiple stakeholders
* Highly collaborative and diplomatic with the keen ability to establish rapport and develop strong relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona