Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Manage the strategy and support creative development for all marketing efforts targeting BCBSAZ’s external audiences, with a primary emphasis on communications that resonate with and inspire action among brokers, members, consumers, employer groups and providers. Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skills that meet both strategic and creative goals while aligning with the established BCBSAZ brand; be adept at simultaneously balancing the needs of multiple stakeholder groups; and know how to blend experience with professional curiosity to enhance a team’s effectiveness and strengthen its ability to adapt to changing market conditions.
- Work with management and internal/external resources to create and implement marketing communications from concept to execution for brokers, employer groups, members, consumers, and providers.
- Ensure that communications – everything from individual tactics to large-scale campaigns – are consistently on-brand, artfully crafted, effectively delivered, and compel audiences to take the desired action(s).
- Develop a powerful creative brief that distills down the business goals into actionable insights for the creative team that also resonate with the target audience.
- Develop messaging matrices for products and campaigns.
- Ensure communications are on-brand and follow guidelines.
- Develop and support strategy and tactics that drive campaigns through creative development, production, implementation, tracking and analysis, and measurement. Use learnings to further tailor messaging and approach.
- Work with Product Management/Development to ensure accurate product information and pricing is listed in all advertising and marketing materials.
- Maintain relationships with agencies and manage/deliver information to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Provide tactical communications support to a variety of BCBSAZ departments, including but not limited to collateral, letters, email, talking points, presentations, fact sheets, Web site copy, and more.
- Keep affiliated teams and key internal stakeholders apprised of communications efforts, encouraging and incorporating their input and support to maximize measurable success of campaigns.
- Plan content of e-newsletters and newsletters by overseeing editorial boards or content committees comprised of representatives from internal departments.
- Monitor all stages of production, ensuring communications projects are delivered on time, on budget, and in keeping with the overall BCBSAZ corporate identity.
- Continue strategy, where possible, to transition print publications to electronic formats to create cost efficiencies.
- Support the company’s overall communications function by participating in special projects and major corporate initiatives.
- Improve customer experience by offering new ideas to improve communication channels, tools, and features.
- Participate in planning and content development efforts to support segmentation strategies.
- Provide strategic and tactical communications support to develop content for BCBSAZ member portal.
- Manage crisis response communications for assigned audiences by serving as a representative on the Provider Termination Response Team, Crisis Management tactical team, and other ad-hoc teams as needed.
- Manage third-party vendors, including external consultants, agencies, designers, printers, and freelancers. Monitor associated budgets to ensure strategic and cost-effective use of outside services.
- Participate in annual budget-setting efforts, as well as quarterly reforecasts for associated cost centers.
- Guide teams outside of management authority to reach common goals.
- Hold cross-functional teams to high standards and error-free work.
- Lead and coach direct reports and mentor employees to aid in their development and growth.
- Onboard and train new department staff.
- Perform all LEVEL 1 responsibilities.
- Act as back-up for Director, Marketing or Chief Marketing Officer as needed.
- Lead cross functional project teams to achieve results
- Prioritize and rationalize staffing levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Special events and meetings require evening and/or weekend availability.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.