Sr. Manager HR Systems and Data Analysis - Workday exper required
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. AZ Blue offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
this position is remote/hybrid
- Manages the day-to-day activities and strategy of the Human Resources (HR) technology team and associated systems and analysis. Serves as the primary contact and resource for staff and develops strategic relationships throughout the organization. Provides oversight, direction, development, problem resolution and leadership for assigned team. Improves quality and business processes related to HR systems and analysis.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in business / human resources
- 5 years of experience in supervisory/management field
- 3 years of experience configuring and supporting Workday and/or related systems
- 3 years of experience in project management, change management and system implementations
- Associate’s Degree in human resources, business, computer sciences, mathematics, or related field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience configuring and supporting Workday and related systems
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business or related field of study
- PHR / SPHR -Professional / Senior Professional in Human Resources
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the HR technical team.
- Suggest alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing cultural, measurement, and data needs. Provide a holistic approach to technology, HR tools, and the systems and processes that support them.
- Use technology to streamline and drive processes. Work with business unit managers and HR to create systems and processes designed to maximize employee productivity.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to implement HR projects or represent HR on cross-functional teams.
- Keep staff informed of new or updated standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal and written communications.
- Direct, evaluate, define and improve the quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within department guidelines.
- Provide guidance, motivation and encouragement to staff, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs, and evaluate and make recommendations in regard to employment decisions.
- Administer, interpret and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals as related to the assigned area of responsibly.
- Responsible for the review, update and accuracy of department documentation, computer files, policies and procedures related to the department goals and objectives.
- Consult and coordinate with various internal departments, external Blue Plans or business partners and government agencies.
- Partner with and manage relationships with benefits brokers, carriers, vendors and subject matter experts ensuring delivery of high-quality programs in accordance with industry best practices and legal compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and market trends, benefits-related technology, labor law, and healthcare reform initiatives.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in database and word processing software
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software and HRIS
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external customers
- Analytical skills in observing and documenting processes at a detailed level
- Proficiency in process improvement and business process design
- Analyze and research data, propose solutions to resolve issues
- Establish, contribute and maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the work of all assigned personnel
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS systems, employment law, and HR regulations
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Ability to optimize resources to ensure a cost effective operation. Includes proactively planning to move staff from one role to another as staffing needs, business priorities or workload changes.
- Ability to build effective teams
- Ability to implement new processes and procedures.
Preferred Job Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with community and professional groups which reflect favorably for the department and BCBSAZ
AZ Blue does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.