Sr Manager-Diversity and Inclusion
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Senior Manager, Diversity and Inclusion reports to the Chief Diversity Officer. In this highly collaborative role, the individual will participate on and partner with Employee Resource Groups, the Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Council, HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders to deliver our Diversity & Inclusion strategy, while creating an inclusive work environment, where every employee feels valued.
Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
- Lead the design and development of content specific to D&I programs, creating solutions to foster an inclusive environment for all employees
- Partner with the Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Council in driving leadership awareness and accountability for the D&I strategy and goals.
- Serve as an advisor to HR Business Partners on the creation of inclusion tools that deliver on D&I strategies.
- Partner with Communications team to celebrate D&I initiatives through all employee facing touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Organization and Talent Development to design and rollout programming and curriculum with D&I goals and principles.
- Facilitate delivery of D&I focused programs, courses, workshops, onboarding events and activities (as needed). Virtual and in-person.
- Provide counsel to HR and the D&I Leadership Council on ways to increase BCBSAZ partnerships in diverse communities.
- Design and deliver tools to Employee Resource Groups that drive alignment to D&I strategies. Act as a thought partner for Employee Resource Groups and provide best practices.
- Suppport the creation and implementation of plans for D&I programs, ensuring high-quality participant experience, ongoing program sustainability and cost-effective use of resources.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities with overlapping timelines and project deadlines
- Measure, track, and analyze the effectiveness of initiatives to report on progress and identify future areas of focus.
- Participate in the creation of the vision and strategy for Diversity and Inclusion efforts across the enterprise
- Participate on and provide support to the D&I Leadership Council to drive implementation and scale results
- Support BCBSAZ’s core value of maintaining a heritage of service, by volunteering with, serving on, or supporting community organizations.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements