Sr Manager- Digital Products
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Our Customer Experience and Digital Products team is focused on aligning experiences with customer needs while innovating both the everyday moments and the ones that matter the most. The Senior Manager of Digital Products will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer and stakeholder digital experiences. In this role the Senior Manager of Digital Products will lead a team of product owners, product specialists, and UX designers through coaching and strategic planning with an enthusiasm to learn, appreciation for high quality visual design, and an interest in innovative technology. An ideal candidate will have hands on UX experience and a proven track record of collaboration, coaching, and building high performing teams.
Required Work Experience
4 years Digital product ownership, website management, digital marketing, or technology.
4 years Experience in with Agile principles working in a scrum or Kanban team environment
2 years Working with personas, user flows, and product/feature roadmaps
Experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites
2 years Managing, mentoring and coaching direct reports
6 years Digital product ownership, website management, digital marketing, or technology.
6 years Experience in with Agile principles working in a scrum or Kanban team environment
4 years Working with personas, user flows, and product/feature roadmaps
5 years Experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites
4 years Managing, mentoring and coaching direct reports
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Human Centered Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a diverse team under general direction of the VP of Digital and Customer Experience with testing, planning, and analytical responsibilities for a portfolio of technology products.
- Synthesize, align, prioritize and roadmap consumer and market expectations with business requirements to deliver high-quality, continuously improved, sustainable technology solutions that support outstanding customer and employee experiences
- Lead all business activities related to the planning, oversight, and management of all digital products and related projects. Oversees the creation and/or maintenance of product vision and product roadmaps.
- Lead a team of product owners, product specialists, and UX professionals and overseeing their performance and activities in support of delivering value to our customer.
- Lead strategy development and execution of UX design and user research for all digital products including web and mobile.
- Work with and influence cross-functional leaders and their management around digital strategy, product needs, and other related topics.
- Maintain alignment of product portfolio with all other technology roadmaps and products to deliver cohesive and integrated experiences.
- Convert business ideas, customer/stakeholder needs, and research into customer-oriented solutions.
- Translate emerging customer/stakeholder needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans.
- Communicate and present team strategy, solutions, roadmaps, and other related information to senior leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of strategy, external research and benchmarking, best-practice analysis, business analysis, and implementation of digital solutions.
- Develop and manage consistent, ongoing, and thorough testing strategies for all digital products.
- Oversee the process of prioritization for all feature requests, enhancements, or defects for digital products. Evaluate any associated business case and solution to ensure alignment with the strategic direction of both the product vision and the company objectives.
- Review and consult on design and content of all digital products to ensure consistency across various platforms.
- Maintain a significant role in defining organizational strategy for UX, digital transformation, and digital product management.
- Educate and influence business and segment owners on the most effective use of digital solutions for customer/stakeholder issues from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
- Establish, manage, and report KPIs for each product team in order to clearly communicate the progress towards specific goals.
- Track and report on product and team KPIs, develop action plans to improve performance and experience as necessary.
- Establish short and long-term individual and team goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Maintain documented team policies and procedures, create new policies and procedures if necessary.
- Assume responsibility for identifying resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for employee growth.
- Deliver quality, error-free work to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Required Job Skills
- Data-driven strategic and systems thinking.
- Impeccable design aesthetic and attention to detail to the user’s experience.
- Applying customer insights, research, and data to evaluate the effectiveness of digital solutions.
- Ability to tell stories that bring user needs to life and articulate strategic rationale behind design recommendations to diverse business audiences.
- Presenting and communicating with executive leadership on digital product status, enhancements, backlog,
- Familiarity and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar.
- Understanding of the basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Knowledge of common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and other development practices
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
Required Professional Competencies
- Able to work collaboratively and foster collaboration amongst team members
- Strong familiarity with information architecture, digital design, and user experience best practices.
- Solid creative judgment and ability to think strategically.
- Experience in conceptualizing new business architecture and infrastructure.
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- Possesses expertise in the use of formal and informal communications and has the ability to give oral presentations that effectively communicate goals, ideas and concepts.
- Proficiency in business process design and bridging these to technology solutions.
- Commitment to quality, error-free work.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Ability to empower associates at all levels and encourages innovation and risk taking.
Ability to create and maintain forward momentum and alignment in a matrixed environment.
Building and maintaining high performing teams.
Decision analysis skills, e.g. ability to separate a complex whole into component parts
Ability to effectively cope with multiple priorities, high customer expectations, and bridge the demands between internal and external customers.
Resource management skills with the ability to develop an enthusiastic and positive work climate.
Preferred Job Skills
Knowledge of digital product management and strategy
Knowledge of enterprise agile methodologies, consumer technologies, Salesforce ecosystem, HTML and CSS
Expertise in wireframing and digital prototyping
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.