Sr. IT Analyst - Vendor Management
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
The Sr. IT Vendor Management Analyst is responsible for managing relationships with specific vendors and serving as the organization's point of contact. Monitors, manages, and drives vendor performance against SLAs and SOWs. Maintain Familiarity with a variety of Healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures helpful. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This role will report to the Staff VP of Program Management. Be a leader of vendor management processes by working with business partners (procurement, compliance, business segments etc) to support purchasing, strategic needs, analysis, and procurement processes. Evaluate customer requirements for products and vendors including controls in the environment. Maintain and update knowledge on all key initiatives as they relate to Vendors. Support financial team with PO processes and ensure vendor leases/purchases are correct tracked in IT systems. Researches, analyzes and evaluates vendors as new work arises.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience successfully managing IT vendors or projects
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 6 years of vendor management experience
- 6 years of experience in information technology
- 1 year of experience in project management
- 5 years of experience developing short and long range strategic plans, forecasting, and budgeting
- 5 years of experience in healthcare insurance operations
- Master’s Degree in supply, management, business administration or related field
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop keen understanding of our vendor environment.
- Drive performance across all key vendors including SLA management, Contract Management
- Review and influence contracts to improve our ability to achieve results, Establish and drive standards into all agreements
- SLA Standards
- Teams and Conditions standards
- Other Performance Standards
- Apply to Services, Hosting, Time and Materials contracts etc
- Measure and drive continuous improvement across our vendor portfolio
- Work with IT leaders and Managers to improve or vendor management and outcomes.
- Drive a transparent view of current performance, status, monitoring and reporting key indicators and leading the resolution of issues.
- Create Executive appropriate reporting to show progress and results
- Establish, drive and evolve regular Vendor reviews including monthly (performance and financial), Quarterly (Performance tending, roadmaps, contractual)
- Understand the nature of vendor incidents relative to impacts, SLAs and continuous improvement
- Review and Track Vendor Commitments and Actions
- Root Cause Analysis standards, completion, Review and follow-up
- Permanent Corrective Actions
- Other actions resulting from reviews
- Work with IT management to track, review, correct, and ensure payment of monthly invoices
- Complete Regular assessments as part of our Risk Management activities including periodic reports, audits, etc
- Drive integrated teams to deliver business process and technology solutions in support of key internal initiatives by working closely with stakeholders, architects, developers and vendors.
- Establish Vendor management practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization in an agile and scalable fashion.
- Employ strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Influence and gain buy-in from executive sponsors, vendor executives, team members, stakeholders and peers.
- Assist leadership with annual budget and monthly forecast cycles.
- Coach, mentor, motivate vendors to achieve maximum results
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Support BCBSAZ’s Core Value of maintaining a heritage of service by volunteering within the community.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIESRequired Job Skills
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Intermediate PC proficiency.
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones.
- Intermediate skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and contribute to the delivery of multiple technology projects.
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Familiarity with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall and Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with Project Management (PM), Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Collaboration tools; MS Teams, MS Project, SharePoint Online
- Strong Business Acumen across multiple practices including, IT hardware/Asset Management, Vendor Management, Financial Management, Contracts Management (SLAs) and Operational Risk Management
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience with program and project management, business delivery, or management consulting roles owning end-to-end delivery
- Management skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success based on planned objectives.
- Lead effectively in the midst of ambiguity, while providing clarity for the path forward. Drive cultural and operational change that results best practice, efficient enterprise project portfolio management, strategic planning technology roadmaps, and system development lifecycle execution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for harmonious relationships with providers, members and coworkers.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and or/integrating diverse technology applications.
- Strong business acumen and experience communicating, networking, and influencing at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to present and translate highly technical capabilities to business leaders in a way to gain understanding and to conceptualize business value.
- Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities.
- High degree of comfort with business and technology language
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of an organization (verbal and written)
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
- Principled leadership and sound business ethics
- Self-motivated/directed person to embrace role and drive change
- Comfortable interacting with multiple teams and leaders on a regular basis
- Ownership mentality with a deep sense of accountability over results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to coach and mentor vendors to drive continuous improvement
PREFERRED COMPETENCIESPreferred Job Skills
- Familiarity with Archer and other vendor management tools
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona