Sr Graphic Designer, Animator (Bachelors plus 8 years of graphic, video, animation experience)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Senior Graphic Designer/Animator supports Creative Services’ design and video teams in the production of a wide range of marketing deliverables across multiple media channels including broadcast, web, and print. This proven professional possesses strong conceptual, design and layout, video production (motion graphics, editing, and sound editing), and branding skills. This senior-level creative professional excels in a fast-paced design environment and is enthusiastic about ideas, their own as well as the ideas of others and provides guidance to other designers and video team.
- Create high-quality graphics, design, and animations using both hand-key animation and motion capture data
- Work with stakeholders from all levels of the company to understand project goals and collaborate with designers, writers, and video production teams to develop final assets from concept to execution
- Review scripts, design storyboards, develop characters, aa well as create and edit animations
- Give and receive constructive feedback across teams to foster professional growth and project success
- Design print and digital creative assets for social media, online advertising, and internal programs
- Communicate and collaborate with Creative Director, copywriters, and other designers.
- Understand creative trends, brand identity principles, and company business goals to translate into on-target deliverables that differentiate the brand
- Take real ownership of the role on each project and see to it that all details are thought-out
- Successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced work environment
Work with partners, Account Manager and clients to conceptualize, design and execute digital experiences around key brand and marketing initiatives
Within BCBSAZ and HCA, it is essential that we create a culture of inclusion and opportunity as well as actively guard against bias of any kind. Discrimination and racism are real. Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
- Preferred Work Experience
10 years of experience in graphic design, video production & motion graphics at an agency or within a corporate creative/marketing department