Social Media Specialist (Bachelors degree 3 years Social Media experience required)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Executing on a clearly defined social media strategy in a manner that supports marketing, and corporate initiatives while increasing brand recognition, online awareness, and positive brand sentiment.
- Plan, organizes, and contributes to all social media channels to achieve company objectives while ensuring consistency with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona brand.
- Creating and administering social media content and creative/graphics on all corporate social pages to build audience, increase reach, and ensure follower engagement.
- Focus on creating engaging digital content for the company’s various social media platforms. Will work closely with the communications and marketing teams to help build out the social media strategy with the goal of growing customer engagement and brand awareness and increasing positive brand sentiment.
- Assist in building and executing on social media strategy through competitive and audience research.
- Set up and optimizing company pages within each social media platform.
- Assist in development of annual social media plan and annual content strategy to meet department and company goals and objectives
- Oversee social media project and program plans
- Provide recommendations and assist executive management with corporate sponsored projects and programs
- Create compelling content and creative appropriate for the channel and audience
- Analyze complex data and prepare insights for executive management
- Monitor channels for brand mentions and associated brand sentiment
- Track social metrics with the goal of understanding audience growth and engagement
- Share new social media trends with broader team members and develop proactive approaches based on trend research
- Identify other appropriate social media channels
Perform Level 1 responsibilities
- Develop staff and vendor succession plans to mitigate risk
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and recommend changes to the social content strategy as necessary
- Collaborate with segment leaders and other departments on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities
- Act as primary contact with outside agencies
- Assist in development and deliver formal presentations to executive leadership on program recommendations and/or program results
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Work a full-time schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Capacity to monitor social channels during evenings and weekends as part of a shared team monitoring calendar
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed
Within BCBSAZ and HCA, it is essential that we create a culture of inclusion and opportunity as well as actively guard against bias of any kind. Discrimination and racism are real. Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
- Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of digital experience
- 5 years of social media strategy and planning experience
- 5 years of project management experience
- 5 years of digital experience in healthcare marketing
- 7 years of social media strategy and planning experience
- 7 years of project management experience
3 years healthcare marketing or communications