Small Group Membership & Billing Representative (Remote/Hybrid)
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote/hybrid within the state of AZ only
Reviews and reconciles accounts receivables, enrollment and eligibility processing and inbound customer service calls on small group employer accounts
Required Work Experience
- 1 year(s) of experience in accounting field (Applies to All Levels )
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to All Levels )
Preferred Work Experience
- 2 year(s) of experience in accounting field (Applies to Levels 2 - 3 )
- Associate's Degree in accounting or business field of study (Applies to All Levels )
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret various forms of group and subscriber remittances and reconcile payments to the accounts receivable.
- Reconcile monthly payments received, identify out of balance conditions and generate appropriate customer notification
- Monitor and balance all general ledger transactions within department standards.
- Identify discrepancies and appropriately communicate to customer as necessary.
- Explain to customers a variety of information concerning the organization’s services, including, but not limited to rates, changes in coverage, eligibility, billing etc.,
- Process eligibility received in various formats within applicable processing system.
- Identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence.
- Meet quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Document and record facts in regard to inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and system.
- Reconcile monthly payments received, identify out of balance conditions and generate appropriate notifications to customers on complex groups.
- Perform and decipher model office testing on system enhancements and projects.
- Represent department in meetings.
- Mentor and train levels 1 and 2.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned .
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copies, fax machines, scanner and telephones (All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software (Applies to All Levels)
- Type >35 words per minute with 5% error rate or less (Applies to All Levels)
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy (Applies to All Levels)
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction (Applies to All Levels)
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines (Applies to All Levels)
- Capable of investigative and analytical research (Applies to All Levels)
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications. (Applies to All Levels)
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment (Applies to All Levels)
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage workload in a high volume department (Applies to All Levels )
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices (Applies to Levels 2 - 3)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization's operations (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3175