Small Group Membership & Billing Representative (Remote/Hybrid) - AZ
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
- Reviews and reconciles accounts receivables, enrollment and eligibility processing and inbound customer service calls on small group employer accounts.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year(s) of experience in accounting field (Applies to All Levels)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to All Levels)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 2 year(s) of experience in accounting field (Applies to Levels 2 - 3)
- 1 year of supervisory or lead experience (Applies to Level 4)
- 1 year of experience as a Membership and Billing Rep III (Applies to Level 4)
- Associate's Degree in accounting or business field of study (Applies to All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret various forms of group and subscriber remittances and reconcile payments to the accounts receivable.
- Reconcile monthly payments received, identify out of balance conditions and generate appropriate customer notification
- Monitor and balance all general ledger transactions within department standards.
- Identify discrepancies and appropriately communicate to customer as necessary.
- Explain to customers a variety of information concerning the organization’s services, including, but not limited to rates, changes in coverage, eligibility, billing etc.,
- Process eligibility received in various formats within applicable processing system.
- Identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence.
- Meet quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Document and record facts in regard to inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and system.
- Reconcile monthly payments received, identify out of balance conditions and generate appropriate notifications to customers on complex groups.
- Perform and decipher model office testing on system enhancements and projects.
- Represent department in meetings.
- Mentor and train levels 1 and 2.
Level 4 - Performs functions in a lead capacity
- Reconcile monthly payments received, identify out of balance conditions and generate appropriate notifications to all groups including complex groups.
- Consult and coordinate with various entities to obtain information and ensure resolution of customer inquiries.
- Document and record facts in regard to inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and systems.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Train employees on multiple functions.
- Coach and mentor as errors are identified through the auditing process.
- Represent division on cross functional projects and teams.
- Update and review reviewing any department documentation.
- Accept and resolve elevated customer inquiries.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copies, fax machines, scanner and telephones (All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software (Applies to All Levels)
- Type >35 words per minute with 5% error rate or less (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to work with complex groups (Applies to Level 4)
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy (Applies to All Levels)
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction (Applies to All Levels)
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines (Applies to All Levels)
- Capable of investigative and analytical research (Applies to All Levels)
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications. (Applies to All Levels)
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment (Applies to All Levels)
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage workload in a high volume department (Applies to All Levels )
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices (Applies to Levels 2 - 3 )
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization's operations (Applies to All Levels)
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.