Senior IT Auditor I-III - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
- Plans, performs, reports, and follows up on audit assignments to ensure that within appropriate economic limitations: financial statements and reports comply with corporate policy, internal accounting controls are effective in promoting efficiency and protecting assets of Company, and operational policies promoting well-being of Company are enforced.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in accounting and/or auditing (Applies to all levels)
- 3 years of experience in systems / computer auditing (Applies to Level 3 - Senior IT Auditor
- 5 years experience in the IA department at BCBSAZ. (Applies to Lead Auditor)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, or healthcare field of study. (Applies to All Levels)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, or IT field of study. (Applies to Level 3 - Senior IT Auditor)
Preferred Work Experience (Applies to All Levels)
- 3 years of healthcare experience
- Master’s Degree in business or computer science field of study. (Applies to All Levels)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate plans for performing audit assignments. Recommend areas for future audit efforts.
- Prepare or revise audit programs to accomplish audit objectives and perform field work in accordingly.
- Prepare time budgets for completion of various audit steps.
- Draft audit reports and document audit work and compile audit work-papers to support audit results and conclusion.
- Review report draft findings and recommendations with company management.
- Evaluate responses to reports to determine reasonableness and suggests follow-up actions.
- Participate in project teams as necessary.
- Assist Internal Audit management and external auditors as required. Assist teams in meeting project deadline.
- Keep current with developments in field of expertise.
- Assist IA manager with special projects.
- Conduct the Annual Risk Assessment.
- Lead the annual external audit coordination.
- Participate in interdepartmental teams as directed by IA manager.
- Work closely with other departments resolving questions or discrepancies.
Level 3 - senior IT Auditor
- Perform information systems risk assessments as needed to determine where audit efforts should be focused.
- Formulate audit plan for performing information systems audit assignments.
- Analyze and assess the controls environment of the business processes and applications under review, including both manual and automated processes in accordance with the audit program.
- Assist external auditors with IT testing as necessary.
Level 3 - IA LEAD Auditor
- Assist IA Management with completion of special audits and projects.
- Assist IA Management with review of audit work-papers and reports/ deliverables.
- Assist IA Management in completion of the annual Risk Assessment and development of the annual Audit Plan.
- Maintain Audit Status and Audit Metrics monitoring tools.
- Maintain Audit Recommendations Follow Up records and distribute quarterly status reports to IA and Senior management.
- Coordinate or oversee coordination of DOL audits.
- Assist IA senior auditors in individual audit risk assessment, audit planning and scoping and completion of audit work
- Continue to streamline and enhance departmental policies and processes with IA Management.
- Train / mentor auditors
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and assist / mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIESRequired Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and privacy requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
PREFERRED COMPETENCIESPreferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Use of IDEA software (Level 3)
- Identify solutions to meet customer needs
- Work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.