Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The senior advisor is responsible for supporting the COS, Office of the CEO in working effectively with internal and external stakeholders and in fulfilling her commitments as an expert resources for the COS Department. The senior advisor must be highly strategic and facilitative, exhibiting a combination of focus and flexibility, and must play a proactive support to the COS, Office of the CEO.
- Support the execution of the Executive Leadership Team meetings and retreats including action items, meeting logistics, agenda; minutes and follow-up activities, meeting presentation materials, etc.
- Coordinate, orchestrate or lead special projects, as directed by the COS.
- Create executive communications, including emails and memos, videos, presentations, press releases, articles, etc.
- Develop content to support the CEO’s thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with corporate communications resources to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the executive communications pipeline, meetings and other executive events.
- Support Board of Directors communications and meetings by facilitating the creation of monthly board updates and all executive communications related to all Board of Directors Meeting and Board of Directors Retreat.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Facilitate the design and lead the implementation of workflow automation within the COS Department
- Evaluate use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- When requested work within a department or division for purposes outlines in the goals of the assignment
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- Support BCBSAZ’s core value of improving the health of Arizonans, by volunteering with, serving on, or supporting community organizations.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.