Sales Reporting and Analytics Analyst (SAS/ SQL/ Excel) - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
About the Job
- Developing and driving sales forecasting planning activities and collaborates with sales leadership to validate growth and persistency estimates
- Maintaining several cross functional dashboards and reports including marketing list management, COO sales performance dashboards, group specific reporting for high profile clients such as U-Haul and reporting to the BCBSAZ Association
- This position requires a specific skill set that is not available with other team members including reporting in SQL, SAS and advanced Excel
- Attempting to utilize existing resources who are under skilled would have cascading impact to other department deliverables such as client utilization reporting for our high profile segment
- Thank you in advance for your support in approving this position and to obtain next level management approval.
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for the development of Reporting and Analytics tools to support the driving of more accurate and profitable business decisions. Develop and support customer facing reporting and insight to improve the effectiveness and value of sales interactions with clients and brokers. Work with IT to ensure key metrics and other data related information is available to the Sales Organization through the CRM application. Support ad hoc and project based reporting and analytics needs (benchmark light, incentive comp planning, broker business reviews, business planning, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with IT and other internal departments to acquire and consume key data sources
- Create client facing reports with the input of the sales team
- Be involved in internal sales related projects requiring reporting, specifically business planning and forecasting/projections
- Develop and support client profitability models for Sales
- Develop and support broker performance metrics scorecard and associated reporting
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop key client, broker and sales performance metrics to be delivered via CRM
- Convert complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences
- Assist in the creation of business models to align Incentive comp plans to revenue and membership projections annually
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 2 years of experience working with data and information in an analytical role
- 1 year of experience with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools
- 1 year of experience with forecasting and projections related to revenue and business growth objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field of study
- 5 years of experience within the Health Insurance Industry
- 1 years of experience with Customer Relationship Management applications (MS Dynamics, Salesforce)
- 2 years of experience working with ERP and Data Lake source systems
- Strong PC proficiency
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to understand business requirements and processes and translate them to technical application
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively in a 1-1 or group setting.
- Ability to identify issues and drive them to resolution.
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our clients and internal departments.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.