Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Responsible for creating long/short term demand forecast models using advanced business knowledge of key contact volume drivers for both call and back office workload volumes for multiple business segments
- Construct and maintain contact center workforce capacity plans based on forecasted demand and projected staffing requirements for each role within multiple business segments
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and performance efficiency while advising multiple business segments leaders of observed trends
- Collaborate closely with Individual call center staff and leadership to provide dedicated Workforce Management support
- Analyze and validate forecast volume, capacity, and staffing data
- Generate and distribute reporting of key performance indicators such as contact volume and customer handling time performance versus forecast
- Participate and present data during weekly meetings with the call center management to discuss trends, projections, and to create a plan of action to meet contact center metrics
- Build, publish, and maintain optimized work schedules for one or more service centers
- Monitor and track aging back office inventory to ensure accurate workload assignment and successful achievement of service level agreements
- Monitor call queues throughout the day and notify assigned business segment staff and leadership of un-forecasted spikes or impacts to service levels
- Perform historical and real-time queue monitoring to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill alignment are maintained to reach established customer service standards
- Monitor, audit, and communicate schedule adherence, including scheduled and unscheduled absences, and daily activity
- Manage all non-production work activities, such as meetings, training, FMLA, and time off requests, to ensure minimum staffing levels are maintained to achieve service levels
- Research and support various other call center needs and tasks as needed
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.