Reporting Technician-strong reporting/analytics experience required
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal use only-grades 13-17
- Develops, designs, maintains, and generates formal and ad hoc reports for the department and the company.
Configures, maintains, tests, analyzes, and enhances departmental and corporate reporting databases.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 1 year(s) of experience in a healthcare related field
- 1 year(s) of experience in a research, computer science, reporting and/or statistical field
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 3 year(s) of experience in a healthcare related field
- 3 year(s) of experience in a research, computer science, reporting and/or statistical field
- Associate's Degree in business, computer science, mathematics, or statistics field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design, maintain, and generate formal and ad hoc reports at the departmental and Corporate level.
- Consult and coordinate with the appropriate area management to develop and implement monthly and year-to-date reporting processes to measure productivity.
- Establish schedules to generate and distribute reports to meet the due dates set by the report owner.
- Analyze reports and data for aberrancies, reasonability and accuracy and provide recommendation for problem resolution to management.
- Participate in or lead special projects or task teams.
- Develop project plans, business requirements and test plans for enhancements; this includes timeline creation, issue tracking, and progress monitoring.
- Configure, test and coordinate acceptance testing for all database changes within the defined area of responsibility.
- Respond to internal customer questions and ad hoc requests
- Consult and coordinate with various internal departments and all levels of management to obtain information, design, implement and ensure resolution of customer inquiries in regard to report requests and database enhancement.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, database, analytic and reporting software
- Basic mathematics
- Advanced PC proficiency
Required Professional Competencies
- Detail-oriented with ability to question existing data parameters, definitions and data flows, then track an issue back to its source
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
- Capable of investigative and analytical research
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under time constraints
- Exercise independent and sound judgment
- Verbal and written communication skills focusing on writing and presenting creative and persuasive solutions
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction and departmental communication standards
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Take appropriate risks, using available data
- Build synergy and interdependence with a diverse team, in a changing environment
Preferred Job Skills
- Intermediate programming language and operating systems
- Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, database, analytic and reporting software
- Intermediate mathematics
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Basic project lead or project management skills
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona