Reporting Analyst - Analytics and Data Science - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the designing of metrics, reports, and analyses to drive key business decisions as well as production of various reports and analyses to support corporate strategies.
1. Required Work Experience
· 1 year of experience working in data analytics and/or reporting
· 1 year of programming experience
2. Required Education
· High School Diploma/GED
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 2 years of experience working for a healthcare organization / health insurer
· 2 years of experience in an actuarial, healthcare economics, informatics ,or similar analytic field
· 1year of experience with SAS, Tabelau and/or SQL
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor's Degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or related field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to summarize and present data to stakeholders to provide insights into business problems and solutions.
- Independently develop and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting and distribution for business areas as requested/needed. Gather and coordinate responses to RFI/RFP requests for information.
- Prepare data extraction and transformation to meet the needs of internal business partners.
- Create, modify, and maintain SAS and/or Tableau programs associated with specific responsibilities.
- Identify and implement potential improvements to existing programming and reporting that support analyses and processes.
- Determine processes and measurements necessary to achieve accurate results using the most efficient work flow. Seek out opportunities for synergy and integration with the intention of improving processes. Integrate required changes and prepare detailed documentation for auditing where needed.
- Interpret, communicate, and present results in consistent and easy to understand formats to facilitate fact-based decision making.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders (Provider Partnership, Health Quality Assurance, Business Segments, Marketing, Legal) and key external client contacts (Providers, Vendors, Brokers, BCBS Association, Blues Plans, Auditors).
- Report to a supervisor or manager who provides general supervisory instructions, manages workload and reviews overall results. Develops own work-plans, and discusses timelines, prioritization, and objectives with supervisor or manager.
- Provide self- and peer-review of job responsibilities listed above. · Make sound assumptions and discuss with supervisor, manager, or project manager.
- Complete projects within preset timelines and report status to supervisor and project manager.
- Prepare written documentation on projects to provide a peer review trail and ensure continuity and integrity.
- Communicate results and recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge of skills, projects, and business needs with peers and less-experienced reporting analysts. Train back-up reporting analysts and/or new reporting analysts.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
· Superior process management skills
· Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet software
· Intermediate skill in mathematical calculations and interpretation
· Intermediate proficiency with query tools / design
· Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and models
· Intermediate proficiency in programming
· Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite software
1. Required Professional Competencies
· Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make sound decisions
based on reported data
· Ability to solve problems independently and draw accurate conclusions from limited data using basic
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and make recommendations with less than complete or conflicting information while
maintaining appropriate time management.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
· Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with others.
· Skill in prioritizing tasks and working with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
· Ability to summarize technical information to a non-technical audience.
· Proactive about requesting enough information to fully understand and meet the business need.
2. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Professional Competencies
2. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
3. Preferred Job Skills · Broad understanding of health insurance terms and concepts · General knowledge of the healthcare industry · Knowledge of health benefit design and rating techniques · Ability to solve problems independently and draw accurate conclusions from limited data using actuarial techniques · Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite software · Advanced proficiency with query tools / design · Intermediate proficiency with data warehousing concepts and models · Intermediate proficiency in programming with SAS, SQL, and/or Tableau
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.