Registered Nurse - Transition of Care Case Manager
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Transition of Care Nurse (TOC) contacts the members upon discharge to insure a safe discharge. The TOC Nurse will follow up with the member to ensure all discharge orders have been filled and PCP/specialist follow up appointment has been scheduled.
1. Required Work Experience
* 2 years Nursing experience in a health care setting with experience in Case Mgmt, Discharge planning preferred
2. Required Education
* Associate’s Degree in Nursing
3. Required Licenses
* Registered Nurse with a current, active, unrestricted nursing license in the state of Arizona (a state in the United States).
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
* Prior Health Risk Assessment experience
2. Preferred Education
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Telephonic contact with the members within 3 days of discharge
· May require in home visit to members
· Facilitate completion of all discharge orders that have not been completed
· Complete TOC Assessments and surveys
· Obtain data needed for the Medication Reconciliation
· Follow up with member up to 30 days post discharge based on members needs
· Perform all other duties as assigned
· The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
1. Required Job Skills
* Strong knowledge of care management and care coordination
* Proficiency in computer and technology utilization required, including, but not limited to: care management software, data-analytics software, Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio)
* Written and verbal skills
2. Required Professional Competencies
* Ability to work independently
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
* Previous Discharge planning experience
* Previous Managed/Care/Medicaid/Medicare experience
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.