Quality Control Process Auditor (AZURE DevOps)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal Use Only:
- Level 1 QC Auditor I (Grade 10)
- Level 2 QC Auditor II (Grade 11)
- Level 3 QC Auditor III (Gr 12-13)
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the process for documenting software development requirements is followed according to existing processes. The Quality Control Auditor will perform detailed audits verifying the accuracy of assigned work products, including but not limited to Azure DevOps Project Deliverables, to ensure compliance with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona quality control processes.
LEVEL 1 * Perform auditing of Azure DevOps records including Epics, Features, User Stories, Test Cases and Defects to ensure compliance with corporate and team processes and naming conventions * Ensure documented proof of testing exists according to the corporate and team guidelines throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). * Prepare and maintain documentation supporting the results of audits performed. * Pinpoint with accuracy issues in documentation, sourcing, and data quality through review * Read, analyze, and interpret existing data and documents for accuracy and completeness as it pertains to existing processes * Ensure and oversee compliance with organizational policies and processes. * Complete weekly and monthly reports with audit findings and report to management. * Provide feedback to management regarding common themes in processes not being followed, referencing appropriate policy or process and suggest improvements * Respond to questions from internal customers regarding auditing results.
* Work closely with other departments including Business, Dev, and QA to answer questions on processes being audited
and assist in resolving.
* Work with the TCoE Governance and Standards Lead and appropriate stakeholders as needed if there are proposed
process changes to increase efficiency
* Create Specialized reports and present to management
* Train and mentor other Quality Control Auditors
* Run/coordinate projects as needed.
* Serve as Reporting Auditor or Departmental Auditor, as needed.
* Responsible for internal Quality Control department procedures.
* Analyze and complete reports based on management requests
* Sample, run reports and assist in reporting findings to management such as analysis reports for outstanding action plans
ALL LEVELS * Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and assist / mentor employees in those levels. * The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. * Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Work Experience (Applies to All Levels)
* 3 years’ experience in software development environment
* 3 years’ experience with Agile or Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
* 3 years’ experience with creating or auditing processes
2. Required Education (Applies to All Levels)
* High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience (Applies to All Levels)
* 3 years’ experience in a healthcare
* 5 years of experience in auditing and training of processes
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math or Computer Science
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
· Advanced PC proficiency
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Intermediate proficiency in corporate web-based content management tools or requirement tracking tools (For
example Azure DevOps or Jira)
2. Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
· Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
· Excellent auditing skills with extreme attention to detail
· Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
· Requires ability to apply corporate and/or contractual guidelines and standards.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus upon the ability to write and present audit research in the context of corporate and/or contractual guidelines.
· Ability to work closely with management, IT, and other department personnel within the Corporation, as well as vendors, and maintain effective and cooperative relationships
· Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Working knowledge of HIPAA and privacy requirements
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
· Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
1. Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
· Expert PC proficiency
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
2. Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona