Quality Assurance Analyst III-IV (EDI/ Healthcare)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
JOB LEVEL DEFINITIONS
- Level 3 Quality Assurance Analyst III (grade 29 - 30)
- Level 4 Quality Assurance Analyst IV (grade 31 - 32)
Purpose of the job
- Responsible for designing and performing tests on computer applications/systems to validate operations meet the customer stories/requirements. Designs and initiates tests, analyzes results, identifies issues, and validates solutions to technical problems
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (All Levels)
- 2 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Levels 2 - 5)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
Preferred Work Experience
- 1year of experience with business requirement/story based test design and/or test execution in support of production systems (Lev 1)
- 1 year of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (All Levels)
- 1 year of experience in test case development and test execution (All Levels)
- 1 year of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a quality assurance analyst (All Levels)
- 2 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a quality assurance analyst (Levels 2 - 5)
- 3 years of experience in test case development and test execution (Levels 2 - 5)
- 5 years of experience working in corporate enterprise level systems as a QA analyst, systems analyst, or programmer (Levels 3 - 5)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field (All Levels)
Level 1 - Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Develop basic test plans, test cases, and test data
- Process test files and analyze test results
- Perform day to day execution of test or regression cases/scripts; document results, log and retest defects.
- Develop, review, load and maintain test plans, test cases/scripts and test directories within test tool.
- Perform test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around.
- Monitor and track traceability of business requirements/stories to tests executed.
- Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects.
- Participate in show and tell meetings to explain and/or demonstrate repaired defect or new features.
- Create project reports for test executed and defects discovered
- Analyze, track, report, test and help resolve basic reported production problems
- Identify problems and make recommendations for improved procedures
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision and peer review
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on more complex computer applications
- Design, support, and maintain basic to intermediate test artifacts and data
- May develop and maintain basic SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Participate or lead test related activities for small scoped projects
- Using prioritized project requirements and/or story points estimate test development and execution time frames
Level 3 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on moderately complex computer applications and systems
- Design, support, and maintain moderately complex test artifacts, and data
- Research, analyze, and test moderately complex production problems
- Develop and maintain SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Analyze and improve test related processes and test artifacts
- Participate or lead test related activities for medium to large scoped projects
Level 4 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on highly complex computer applications and systems
- Design, support, and maintain highly complex test artifacts, and data
- Research, analyze, and test highly complex production problems
- Design, support, and improve quality processes and end to end test methods
- Develop and maintain complex SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
- Participate and/or lead test related activities for large scoped projects
Level 5 - Performs job functions in a lead capacity
- Act as primary operational contact for all quality related activities as needed / in the absence of manager
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project/scrum teams
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the quality, efficiency and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day operations of the department
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Stay current on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software
- Intermediate knowledge of computer operating systems
- Basic knowledge of test tools and test case management
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to write and present quality related documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current on global threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with developers and system analysts
- Knowledge of business requirements/stories, test development and regression testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to develop test cases based on available requirements, execute those tests and report results
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation. (Applies to Levels 2 - 5)
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment. (Applies to Levels 4 - 5)
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems
- Strong knowledge of test techniques and test data management.
- Advanced knowledge of test case tools and test case management methods
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced quality assurance expertise
- Impeccable testing skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Levels 4 - 5)
- Ability to provide mentoring and peer review to junior team members
- Ability to build lesson plans and deliver lessons to junior team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona