Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Leads corporate initiatives, which may cover multiple business areas and multiple systems. Provides leadership, support and the overall management for the project, including scope, budget, risk management, communications, implementation and warranty. . Reports status and health measurements through various communication methods to stakeholders and direct line management. Contributes to the improvement of the Agile Enterprise Services team by participating in continuous improvement activities and leading through innovation.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 1 – Learn and apply: Performs job with general supervision. Projects are usually limited in scope and/or duration; shadowing of more senior project managers on large initiatives may occur early in the role
- Plan, direct, and manage projects and associated activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Apply sound project management principles and demonstrate solid time management skills.
- Track and manage projects using Gantt charts, RAID logs, and other tracking / communication tools.
- Create and deliver presentations to multiple levels of leadership.
- Produce clear & accurate documentation, including status reporting, for any projects assigned.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders and communicate effectively across the organization.
Level 2 - Apply and guide: Performs job with minimal supervision. Projects are broader in scope and/or duration
- Take projects from initial conception to final implementation or in some instances take over a project mid-flight to ensure it stays on track and through successful implementation
- Define and document project scope, objectives, detailed project schedules, budget needs, and status reports.
- Confer with stakeholders, product owners, and other parties as needed to outline schedules, dependencies, convergence, and assignments to ensure each project is being planned and communicated clearly.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall planning and systems-related projects. May manage the efforts of sub-contractors and their workforce.
- Produces and keeps updated project artifacts like MS Project schedules and SharePoint sites in order to drive accurate and visible dashboarding.
Level 3 - guide and shape: Performs job functions in a lead capacity with general management oversight
- Contribute to the further development & maturity of AES process, tools, and methodology through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide input for team member performance reviews.
- Lead complex enterprise-wide projects and/or programs
- Assist management in production support and project resource planning.
- Identify new opportunities or processes leveraging agile principles for AES to continue to continuously improve Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to identify software delivery, business and vendor teams that may be impacted.
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
LEAD – shape and mentor: Performs job functions in a lead capacity with general management oversight and holds lead responsibilities
- Lead, instruct, direct and check the work of other team members.
- Provide input and participate in team member performance reviews
- Lead identification, design and implementation of improvements for the efficient and effective performance of the department.
- Assist Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department, as needed.
- Develop staff, including the development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals and regular follow-up with staff.
- Develop, improve and maintain an effective onboarding strategy for new project managers and coordinators.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.