Program Manager- IT Projects - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
Provide support and management for the various project lifecycle phases of assigned projects, including defining scope, business requirements, reporting, testing, implementation, etc. Report project status to the defined management team of the project as well as the direct line reporting. Ongoing management of identified programs after implementation to support various business units and the plan. Execute the process for renewals, maintenance, development, and implementation of IT related programs. Oversee the development and evolution of the customer strategy to improve member satisfaction through developing, launching and managing member experience process improvement projects for the initial ideation through completion.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years working experience in health care related systems as a project manager or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in IT Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in health care, business administration, project management, management information systems or related field required
Preferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in IT projects such a System Modernization, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure management etc
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Directors of Operations, Infrastructure, Data, Applications and Information Security and act as liaison between IT, the PMO, Testing Teams, Lines of Business to ensure all external and internal commitments and expectations of the programs are met.
- Assist in specifying requirements for current and future IT programs and coordinate with IT sponsors to define project scope, requirements and deliverables
- Assist in coordinating and integrating project activities across multiple teams utilizing our standard toolsets to monitor project activities and resources · Monitor projects in the lifecycle - resolve issues, provide status updates and feedback to expedite approvals
- Give presentations or briefings on all aspects of activities as needed; participate in phase, milestone, and final project reviews; communicate and report the success, issues, and progress status of projects to all stakeholders as directed
- Serve as program manager for regulatory business strategy projects
- Plan, monitor, track and manage the people, time and quality of the work related to the implementation and ongoing monitoring of projects/programs as well as the project/program budget
- Creates project plans that include the required project components including background, scope, goal, roles & responsibilities, measurable objectives, assumptions, issues, and risk assessment
- Gather necessary cost estimates and/or benefit analysis for systems and projects
- Communicate project status and issues to project team and management
- Keep abreast of federal and state regulations pertaining to IT compliance
- Assist in the preparation of updates and reports to management, Board of Directors, the Executive Leadership Team, and Compliance Committee
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Oversee the project teams including the (technical and business) analysts, project managers, compliance representatives, procurement representatives, finance representatives, risk managers, functional managers, and technical staff, to make sure that all projects within the program are following company standards while staying on plan for timeline, scope, and budget.
- Work with the operations team to establish handoff processes so that newly updated systems can be supported and continue to be regularly updated.
- Required Job Skills
- Knowledge of project management strategies and techniques and track record of successful project management
- Intermediate knowledge in the usage of PowerPoint, Word, Advanced Excel
- Proficient in project management software, Visio
- Knowledge of healthcare systems
- Strong research, organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to work in teams, cross functionally, and persuade
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff from all divisions and all levels
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Health Insurance programs experience
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.