Product Analyst - Medicare Advantage
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Executes the process for renewals, maintenance, development and implementation of Medicare products. Supports the development, revision and regulatory review of Medicare marketing materials. Assists in developing strategies to introduce competitive Medicare products into the marketplace. Assists in managing the Medicare product line life cycle for products from strategic planning to production. Performs duties with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Assist in specifying market requirements for current and future Medicare products and coordinate with business sponsors to define project scope, requirements and deliverables
• Work with creative team to draft, produce and update print and electronic marketing materials
• Assist in researching ideas for benefit enhancements/changes to existing and new products by monitoring the competitive environment, industry trends and BCBSAZ primary research, as well as seeking input from brokers and BCBSAZ sales and operational staff.
• Assist in coordinating and integrating project activities across multiple task teams utilizing Microsoft Project to monitor project activities and resources
• Work with task teams to develop and implement product release plans
• Support Competitive Intelligence function to gather data on products and features
• Act as liaison between marketing, sales, development, testing and delivery teams to ensure all external and internal commitments and expectations of the product are met
• Collaborate with other marketing functions, sales, finance, underwriting, actuary, IT, operations and other stakeholders in the organization to identify business requirements needed to bring a product to market from planning to implementation
• Guide and direct Level 1 analysts in execution of their work
• Work with legal team for legal and regulatory approvals
• Monitor projects and marketing materials in the lifecycle – resolves issues, provide status updates and feedback to expedite approvals
• Assist in defining the product level strategy based on sales & marketing, technical and customer support requirements, and high-level company strategy
• Give presentations or briefings on all aspects of products as needed; participate in phase, milestone, and final project reviews; communicate and report the success, issues and progress status of projects to all stakeholders as directed
• Identify operational and system requirements necessary for the success of product portfolio and work with internal teams to develop product level strategy and road map required for implementation.
• Presentation skills and ability to present design concepts to clients
• Educate internal audiences regarding the new product design and operational requirements
• Perform monthly reporting regarding projects
• Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
1. Required Work Experience
• 3 years of experience in product development, product management (level 1)
• 5 years of experience in product development, product management (level 2)
2. Required Education
• High School diploma
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
• 10 years of experience in product development, product management
• 3 years of experience in the health insurance industry
• Medicare or government programs experience a plus
2. Preferred Education
• Bachelor’s Degree
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills; Advanced Excel skills
• Strong research, organizational and project management skills.
• Considerable knowledge of Arizona health insurance market.
• In-depth knowledge of benefit plan design elements, rating and underwriting methods, and claims and enrollment procedures.
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Exceptional organizational skills; Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in project management software
2. Required Professional Competencies
• Ability to work in teams, cross functionally and persuade
• Exceptional creativity and innovation
• Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff from all divisions and all levels
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies