Procurement Strategy Partner Sr (Category mgmt experience preferred)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Procurement Strategy Partner will be a procurement expert for the business they support, and be responsible for making strategic and tactical decisions related to procurement activities. The role is one that partners with the business to develop strategies, and perform category management activities that align with the strategic plan. Category management activities include development of category strategies, creating category management tools and templates, and development of actionable project pipeline activities.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in procurement, category management, strategic sourcing, procurement consulting, or related functions (Applies to All Levels)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or related field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 8 years of experience in procurement, category management, strategic sourcing, procurement consulting, or related functions (Applies to Senior PSP)
- Experience in Healthcare, Caresourcing, IT, Facilities management, Professional Services, Marketing, or other spend categories as required for the position
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the business and key stakeholders to gain a firm understanding of short and long term strategies
- Category strategy development including but not limited to overall spend data analysis and summary, category strategy discussions with business stakeholders, providing assistance with requirement gathering, and overall category strategy documentation
- Drive category management projects, strategy development, governance, communication and change management on behalf of, and/or in cooperation with the business units they support.
- Document and maintain category playbooks, category cards, and other category management tools and templates
- Research market knowledge/intelligence and share findings with business partners and execution teams
- Develop a deep understanding of spend data and buying patterns for the areas they support
Required Job Skills
- Advanced/"Expert" Excel skills, including working knowledge of filters, sorting, pivot tables, basic formulas, advanced formatting techniques, and advanced data manipulation skills
- Deep understanding of category methods and approaches, and an ability to apply various concepts to category-level activities
- Ability to use and adapt to various technologies and systems
Required Professional Competencies
- Exceptional interpersonal/stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and navigate difficult situations
- Effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization to execute strategy and category plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills leveraging innovation, process improvements, and sourcing strategy
- Ability to assess appropriate procurement strategies for given categories and develop business requirements
- Strong negotiation and strategic sourcing skills
- Ability to oversee complex projects and initiatives to completion
- Ability to see the big picture and also dig into the details to perform spend analytics
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Ability to use available information to focus project’s scope and identify priorities
- Represent BCBSAZ in the community
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona