Payroll HRIS Analyst (Workday Configuration Experience Required)
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. AZ Blue offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is hybrid within the state of AZ only. This hybrid work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
Responsible to ensure the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) application is meeting payroll’s business needs. Manage multiple projects including module implementations, enhancements, data analytics, reporting, dashboards and process improvements. Balance assigned projects with ad hoc reporting and troubleshooting to support payroll requirements. Collaborate with Human Resources, Financial Systems Support, end users, and external vendors. Performs all activities necessary to coordinate systems releases/updates with internal departments and managed services provider.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in multi-state payroll processing
- 3 years of experience using comprehensive HRIS application
- High-School Diploma or GED
Preferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in multi-state payroll processing
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, IT, business, or related field of study
- Certified Payroll Professional
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in business processes and suggest solutions.
- Lead in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS application upgrades, patches, configuration changes, and enhancements. Collaborate with business and technical staff to coordinate application of changes and document processes, procedures and testing results accordingly.
- Document system design and processes for the training, reference, and education of payroll staff and employees on processes and system functionality.
- Maintain HRIS system tables and data integrity processes that need improvement. Recommend improvements and innovative solutions while ensuring adherence to internal controls.
- Act as project manager to implement large, inter-departmental changes.
- Submit and monitor service request tickets for payroll.
- Develop and maintain queries and reports to support payroll processes and requests from users and management in a timely manner.
- Act as business technical analyst to identify, troubleshoot, resolve HRIS system and reporting issues
- Setup and maintain Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs); including working with internal and external auditors on process workflows and key audit controls
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Required Job Skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Ability to apply payroll functional knowledge to the HRIS application to troubleshoot and improve business processes
- Proficient with HRIS application.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office Suite and Human Resources Information Systems (*Workday strongly preferred).
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Willingness to dive in and research to come up with creative solutions to fix problems or streamline processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Write and review business requirements, flow specifications or change requests
- Proficiency with developing reporting or querries from various applications
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- High standard of performance to achieve aggressive goals.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
AZ Blue does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.