Mgr- Workforce Mgmt
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal Purposed Only:
Pay Grades: 31-32
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for facilitation of achieving service levels and maximized staffing utilizaion within multiple business segments through forecasting, scheduling, adherence, and analysis functions of the Workforce Management team. Closely partners with segment leaders and other cross-functional leadership to develop workforce strategies that align to business and departmental goals. Continuosly builds, develops, and leads Workforce Management staff to achieve performance goals. Ongoing responsibilities also include long-term operations capacity planning, Workforce Management tool automation development, and staffing optimization strategies.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
* Responsible for building and maintaining a Workforce Management strategies through strong engagement/support of business segments while maintaining focus on the customer
* Build and manage a strong Workforce Management team through positive employee engagement and effective talent management
* Maximize effectiveness of technology and manpower through monitoring forecasted versus actual call metrics and effective schedule optimization of all operational staff
* Maintain detailed records of call/workload statistics and arrival patterns to maximize forecasting accuracy capability, ensuring cost effective labor utilization
* Proactively identify, analyze, remediate or modify operational process changes, excess capacity, and defects in forecast models to deliver best in class workforce plans
* Advise segment leadership of potential performance risks and coordinate with the appropriate departments to resolve gaps, output issues, or other problems
* Leverage historical data to identify and clearly articulate performance issues and provide counter measure option to close performance gaps
* Effectively communicate key information across the enterprise so that everyone is aware of service, metrics and significant variation in performance (IE: Performance Metrics, Schedule/Forecast Updates, Potential Impacts on SLAs)
* Ensure the accurate and timely management of all meetings, training, and other scheduled off-phone activity, as well as overtime and time off requests (IE: PTO, Sick Leave, FMLA)
* Manage activities and initiatives related to the effective implementation and ongoing usage of workforce systems, including ensuring data integrity, team assignment, skill assignment, and schedule maintenance
* Monitor, audit and communicate schedule adherence, including scheduled and unscheduled absences, and daily activity
* Utilize data from various workforce management tools to provide in-depth analysis of workload factors for business areas
* Oversee quality audits of all Workforce Management functions to ensure accuracy and timely delivery
* Responsible for the achievement of all Workforce Management performance goals (IE: Forecast accuracy, Schedule Optimization)
* Lead weekly review meetings with segment leadership detailing previous and current week’s performance and forecasted performance for remainder of month
* Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork
* Audit and maintain the integrity of data in workforce management software and related databases
* Represent Customer Solutions Support in a professional manner, encouraging operational improvement.
* Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
* Perform as a "change agent," constantly challenging conventional thinking, approach, and current ways of doing business.
* Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
* Establish short and long term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning. Execute strategies and operational plans to ensure that both short- and long-term objectives and financial goals are consistently met.
* Complete departmental quarterly and year-end reports on key indicators, objectives, staff activities and financial performance.
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Work Experience
* 5 years of experience with Workforce Management processes and tools (i.e. NICE/IEX, Verint) and ACD technology (i.e. Avaya).
* 5 years of experience in service center operations
* 2 years of management experience
2. Required Education
* High School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
* 8+ years of experience in Workforce Management processes and tools (i.e. NICE/IEX, Verint) and ACD technology (i.e. Avaya).
* 8+ years of experience in service center operations
* 5+ years of management experience
* 5+ years of experience in health insurance field
2. Preferred Education
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certifiation
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
* Advanced leadership and concensus building skills
* Strong expertise in capacity modeling, forecasting, workforce management tools and operational planning methodologies
* Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Advanced skills in providing clear and concise direction in a rapidly changing environment
* Advanced understanding of conflict management, including negotiations and consensus building
* Strong experience in leading workforce management team in a multi-site contact center structure
* Intermediate skill in use of office equipment including copier, fax machine, scanner, and telephones
* Intermediate PC proficiency
* Intermediate skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
2. Required Professional Competencies
* Management skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success based on objectives
* Advanced knowledge of contact center metrics and Workforce Management processes
* Capable of investigative and analytical research
* Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction and departmental communication standards
* Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
* Strong customer service skills
* Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions
* Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
* Political awareness and a proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners
* High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
* Principled leadership and sound business ethics
* Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data
* Ability to build synergy and interdependence with a diverse team, in a changing environment
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona