Mgr IT - Datacenter Hosting Services
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
- Drives the strategy and operations for Hosting Services, Technologies, Tools, Processes, Platforms, Services and Vendors for BCBSAZ.
- Manages deployment and support operations, and provides leadership for datacenter, compute, storage and backup and supports business continuity and crisis planning for areas of responsibility.
- Maintains all compute and storage hardware, appliances, related software, security tools and suite of hosting technologies.
- Oversees the day to day functions of Datacenter hosting services including: maintain systems stability, oversees systems currency (security and functional patching), maintains operational currency (backup of systems, configurations, and restores, and system monitoring), and governance.
- Oversees hosting data accuracy in CMDB and secure configuration of hosting assets.
- Assists senior leadership with BCBSAZ wide tactical and strategic planning, annual budget management, forecasting of future budget and evaluation and drive budget cost saving opportunities.
- Drives the strategy and deployment of Datacenter hosting support operations and provides technical leadership for design and security, and supports business continuity and crisis planning for areas of responsibility.
Required Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
- 7 years of experience troubleshooting Datacenter / Cloud hosting systems and platforms, with an emphasis on technical problem solving
- 5 years of experience with strategic implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure
- 5 years of project delivery experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Associate’s degree in business, information technology, computer systems, or related field
Preferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience with Datacenter / Cloud hosting technology and architecture, troubleshooting hosting systems and platforms, with an emphasis on technical problem solving
- 5 years of lead or supervisory experience
- 7 years of project delivery experience
- 3 years experience in budget and financial management in IT
- 3 years of project management experience, preferably within a large-scale, complex, IT organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform cost, risk, supportability, effectiveness, and architectural compliance analysis on systems and applications.
- Maintain up to date procedural and policy documentation.
- Serve as a technical resource for Information systems and managers of other departments.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve production problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review service tickets and ensure tickets are completed and closed properly.
- Responsible for monitoring solutions to achieve IT scorecard goals and corporate goals. Alerting, reporting and trending information that is critical in preventing and reacting to issues on a timely basis. Also, identify and implement improvements to improve metrics and reduce production incidents.
- Be responsible for coordination, communication, escalation and management of production system issues across internal IT stakeholders, business users, and vendors.
- Research and analyze procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Produce a variety of weekly and monthly operational reports for management.
- Be responsible for disaster recovery / business continuity processes and system stability as it pertains to Datacenter hosting Platforms and Services.
- Ensures system patching and updates, maintains currency.
- Participate in developing technical strategy; apply and promote technology that optimizes the portfolio of technologies, tools, products, and applications pertaining to Datacenter / Cloud hosting Platforms and Services.
- Establish and meet short and long term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Work with business leaders and subject matter experts to use technology to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable workforce utilization and efficiency.
- Deliver assessment services, develop business cases, design solution architecture, and recommend multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change.
- Ensure re-use of existing services, solutions and components wherever possible to minimize development or acquisition of new solutions; ensure new solutions are designed and developed in a cost-efficient manner, and meet service quality.
- Partner with other technology leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, and resource sharing.
- Coordinate and manage installations, upgrades, changes and integrations including test design, execution and support
- Develop timelines, work estimates, cost projections, and manage projects to approved guidelines; review and consult on design and technical approach of projects to ensure consistency.
- Participate in the review of software procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural decisions.
- Provide analytical and technical support and planning for IT projects, initiatives, and systems.
- Ensure change management protocols maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Provide capacity planning, forecasting, and budgeting of equipment, software, service, and End User license needs to support Information Technology and our Business partners.
- Review hardware and software procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural decisions.
- Negotiate contracts in partnership with the Legal department to ensure appropriate protections and SLAs.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience related to Datacenter / Cloud hosting design, operations and related areas
- Advanced skill in computer system validation including SOP development, implementation and adherence
- Robust experience and knowledge in current technical architectures.
- Strong skills in documentation, processes and collaboration.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation
- Knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and LINUX operating systems.
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and purchasing
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions..
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Independent thinker with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibit the ability to lead complex projects and lead matrix teamed projects.
- Highly skilled at designing and implementing Datacenter / Cloud hosting architecture, developing or supporting high-performance and secure systems and system integration
- Work effectively with management, project managers, business analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and QA to conceive, design, and deliver successful deployments.
- Able to operate at varying levels of abstraction including business and product strategy, design, and implementation
- Customer service skills to deal with sensitive and difficult customer situations
- Ability to evaluate problems and determine hardware / software origin and then determine appropriate solution or escalation
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to prepare written proposals and deliver presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments and levels of administration
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
- Strong organizational and management skills
Preferred Job Skills
- Expert knowledge of Datacenter / Cloud hosting technologies and architectures
- Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and communicate in a manner consistent with business strategy
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Project management skills
- Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
- Promote and support the overall quality principles and company quality program
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.