Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· Planning, organizing, developing and direction of Finance Supervisors and other subordinate's daily activities. Assures the timely and accurate completion of departmental responsibilities.
1. Required Work Experience
· 5 year(s) of experience in accounting or finance field
2. Required Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 10 year(s) of experience in accounting or finance field
2. Preferred Education
· Master’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
· Certified Public Accountant
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise the day-to-day activities of a unit of employees engaged in different aspects of finance functions
· Administer, interpret and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
· Keep status of department current in accordance with service standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal or written communications.
· Perform, evaluate and assist in defining and improving the quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
· Evaluate and make recommendations in regard to employment decisions.
· Provide motivation and encouragement to subordinates, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs and make determinations regarding disciplinary actions.
· Monitor and evaluate computer system issues and communicate with appropriate areas regarding status.
· Meet standards as defined within standard operating procedures for one or more of the following departments: Finance, cost accounting, statutory reporting
· The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
· Intermediate PC proficiency
· Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
· Capable of investigative and analytical research
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction and departmental communication standards
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Make use of employees' skill and abilities to deliver business objectives
· Use available information to focus the team's activities and identify priorities
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Intermediate proficiency with developing reporting from various database structures
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
· Knowledge of a wide range of subjects pertaining to the organization's service and operations.
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Apply supervisory experience to staff management and achieving department goals.
Comply with BCBSAZ corporate and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Code Blue, Compliance, HIPAA, Computer Responsibility, Accreditation Standards, Attendance, Staff Qualifications and Quality Management Accountabilities.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.