Mgr-Engagement Customer Service Operations (Individual, call center)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal Use Only: GEN 30-32
Purpose of the Job:
The Manager of Engagement Customer Service Operations is accountable for instilling and supporting a culture of customer-centricity within the area, specifically related to outbound interactions with members to ensure members can get the most value out of their health plan.
Responsible for the professional development and coaching of all reporting staff and setting effective goals to drive performance.
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing tactics to execute segment specific and corporate strategies.
Accountable for effectively overseeing all activities that ensure the execution of internal service processes, championing, and leading efforts to enhance the customer experience, as well as empowering and enabling employees to implement operational efficiencies.
Perform regular, scheduled 1-on-1 coaching and professional development discussions with all direct reporting staff.
* Perform regular, scheduled team huddles to provide guidance and updates to reporting staff on team performance and department goals.
* Supports leadership with championing and implementing strategic initiatives and providing clear direction to reporting staff on definitions of success and protocols for tracking and reporting results.
* Executes daily activities supporting efforts to improve and maintain success in specific call campaign goals as well as segment-wide goals such as Net Promoter Score. These activities include routine report analytics, engaging team lead in developing tactics for implementing service enhancements, developing methods to measure efficacy of service strategy tactics, and establishing protocols for communicating employee coaching needs across the department.
* Collaborate with the Manager of Customer Service Operations (our inbound call center) to ensure seamless member support and handoff as needed, identify areas of need, and proactively plan to enhance staff learning and development as well as customer experience.
* Collaborate with the Segment Marketing Manager to ensure comprehensive understand of outbound call campaign objectives, scripting requirements, member outcomes and reporting needs.
* Accountable for ensuring team service metrics and outbound call campaign metrics are achieved on a daily basis.
Maintains a regular line of communication with the team to proactively plan for and address risks to service metrics.
* Support team lead and provide guidance and oversight of department resource allocation to support corporate and departmental goals and objectives.
* Represent the department/division in external meetings. Participates on an internal basis in meetings and decision-making processes as it relates to the specific area of responsibility. Demonstrate a high degree of executive presence.
* Must have the ability to make appropriate decisions based on information at hand with the ability to focus on the big picture while looking for opportunities for improvement.
* Provide motivation and encouragement to subordinates, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs, and make determinations regarding disciplinary actions.
* Provide motivation and encouragement to subordinates as well as a structured path for technical and professional growth and advancement opportunities.
* Perform activities related to interviewing, hiring, termination, disciplinary action, performance progression, and salary administration as required.
* Ability to think outside the box and objectively and professionally challenges the status quo that engages others in constructive dialogue to achieve results. Build and fosters good working relationships with internal customers and peers.
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* A leader who translates a customer-centric focus to drive high performance results from their team.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Work Experience
* 3 year(s) of experience in supervisory/management field
* 1 to 2 years performing quality audit functions in customer service, claims processing, and correspondence.
* Experience with coaching employees.
2. Required Education
* High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 4 years experience overseeing/analyizing customer service contact center performance, claims inventory management and/or enrollment and billing systems. · 4 years experience in supervisory role in a service delivery environment.
2. Preferred Education
* Bachelor's Degree in general field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
* Active, current and unrestricted AZ Department of Insurance Health Insurance License for Member Concierge or
areas supporting sales.
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
· Intermediate skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software
* Intermediate PC proficiency
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Strong motivational style with a desire to collaborate, coach and develop employees.
· Ability to think critically and rise above challenges with a customer-centric focus toward achieving results.
· Strong familiarity with contact center metrics including ASA, Service Level, and First Call Resolution
· Ability to effecitvely delegate and own accountability for ensuring work is being accomplished through others.
· Strong interpersonal and active listening skills. Establish and maintain working relationships in a collborative
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Prior management experience
* Ability to build effective customer-centric teams
1. Preferred Job Skills * Professional writing skills * Advanced technical and professional mentoring and coaching skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
* Experience with managing, leading and continously developing high performance teams
* Familiarity with Affordable Care Act policies, CMS requirements
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of health insurance enrollment operations systems and transactions
* Familiarity with BCBSAZ individual products and services
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Prior contact center management or contact center analytics experience
· Ability to optimize the use of resources at all times to ensure cost effective operations. This includes proactively
planning to move staff from one role to another as staffing needs change, business priorities change or as workload changes or challenges require.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona