Medicare Sales Operations Specialist-active health/life license required
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal only-grade 27-28
Highly specialized sales operations position for Medicare Sales Team. Assists with oversight for brokers, call centers, and internal field sales representatives selling senior products to ensure oversight and compliance with CMS rules and regulations. Supports the Medicare Sales Compliance and Audit Specialist with all sales operations functions.
Required Work Experience
- 5 year(s) of experience in insurance or sales service field in an operations role.
- 3 years of experience with systems and learning new programs.
- 5 years of Medicare experience and a strong understanding of CMS guidelines.
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study.
- Must have active, current and unrestricted AZ Life & Health License.
Preferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in Medicare-related insurance sales and operations field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external key stakeholders to ensure BCBSAZ’s Medicare products are showcased and sold through various sales channels.
- Provide answers, information, and identify and analyze problems related to all BCBSAZ Medicare products, brokers and customers for the Medicare Sales team.
- Respond timely to all communications as accurately as possible; these may include requests for information, research, or other action or need for assistance requiring resolution.
- Provide support on onboarding and monitoring enrollments related to XML and OEC files (Online Enrollment Call Center) for all BCBSAZ Medicare products.
- Interact daily with BCBSAZ Marketing, Contracting, Enrollment, IT, Commissions, Legal and other departments as required to complete daily functions.
- Assist with the research, documentation and auditing for sales related Medicare CTMs (Medicare Complaints Tracking Module) and internal grievances.
- Help manage the annual certifications and contracting for all BCBSAZ Medicare products. This includes taking lead on managing the Medicare Sales Contracting email box and the uploading of new agents into the certification portal.
- May be assigned special projects and report requests for Sales manager.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provide all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
- Must be proficient with commonly used office software
2. Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to identify customer needs and issues, and provide feedback to improve service
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in a 1:1 or group setting
- Ability to deal with unpredictability and minimize variance between predicted and actual outcomes
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
- Ability and to assimilate new functions, services, and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to represent and display professional style, pride, and adhere to dress code and departmental standards
- Interpersonal and active listening skills necessary to achieve customer service satisfaction and departmental standards with brokers, customers, members, and coworkers
- Customer service skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success based on planned objectives
- Ability to perform quality assurance testing and identify, research and resolve issues
- Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.